WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is $5000. And, it's at a very reputable place, but not an AD. I wouod like to preface what I am about to say with out any proof that this is not fake. There is nothing in those photos to suggest it is a fake. Show me that exact model with something obviously wrong. I am thinking that those saying fake are not qualified to say such a thing. Even with 41,000 posts.

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
This is $5000. And, it's at a very reputable place, but not an AD. I wouod like to preface what I am about to say with out any proof that this is not fake. There is nothing in those photos to suggest it is a fake. Show me that exact model with something obviously wrong. I am thinking that those saying fake are not qualified to say such a thing. Even with 41,000 posts.
You're right. Might want to go ask people on some other forum to take their time to look at something for you.

I don't think you are qualified to be buying a watch. Zoom in and if you don't see anything wrong with the dial then I would suggest a $10 clearance watch at your local retailer.

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Then why ask us?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will just see who actually comes to their senses. I am quite surprised many do seem to love jumping on the 'fake' bandwagon. It's not a fake. You guys are fakes for seeing 5 images and shouting fake. It looks exactly like this model and it is obvious to me it is not a fake. Now look again, and offer an opinion. Or at the very least realize like everyone, sometimes you are wrong.

·
Registered
41,244 Posts
I will just see who actually comes to their senses. I am quite surprised many do seem to love jumping on the 'fake' bandwagon. It's not a fake. You guys are fakes for seeing 5 images and shouting fake. It looks exactly like this model and it is obvious to me it is not a fake. Now look again, and offer an opinion. Or at the very least realize like everyone, sometimes you are wrong.

Francesco Muller was given the title, "The Master of Deception" more that 20 years ago and at least 99.5% of posts
that come up, like this one, are bloody fakes; we're conditioned.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Francesco Muller was given the title, "The Master of Deception" more that 20 years ago and at least 99.5% of posts
that come up, like this one, are bloody fakes; we're conditioned.
Excuse my soap box commentary above. It is not like I did not research this or look closely at images. Are you saying that 99.5% of posts (like mine or this watch?) regarding FM watches are fake? And that while this watch looks literally identical to the one posted, including the smallest detail of the brushing directions and apparent tiny things, from AD's no less, I cannot see a single discrepancy between a known real one and this one. I have played "spot the differences" since I was 4, and I am at least 10X that age now (and then some), so please show me exactly what the issue is, and where you 'see' it. What do you expect when I hear 'fake' without a reason. I do not see the difference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So it's a place I have purchased antique furniture at, but not watches. Sorry for that. He knows nothing about this. I spent 30 mins looking at photos and see no obvious fakeness. Thats all. Then I see woodshed, fake, kid, etc etc

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Excuse my soap box commentary above. It is not like I did not research this or look closely at images. Are you saying that 99.5% of posts (like mine or this watch?) regarding FM watches are fake? And that while this watch looks literally identical to the one posted, including the smallest detail of the brushing directions and apparent tiny things, from AD's no less, I cannot see a single discrepancy between a known real one and this one. I have played "spot the differences" since I was 4, and I am at least 10X that age now (and then some), so please show me exactly what the issue is, and where you 'see' it. What do you expect when I hear 'fake' without a reason. I do not see the difference.
I'll excuse your commentary and I would like to point something out for starters. Look at the hands. The orange and white are just sloppy. Compare to an authentic one and you will see crisp lines. It is in the fine details and non authentic watches are getting better and better compared to the real thing.

Once you notice the hands you can go to the numbers. Once you see it then it is hard to unsee.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Date looks partially covered (not centered.) Would expect better for the price. Maybe indicates a fake?

Edit: Could be angle of picture so may be nothing.

I am thinking that those saying fake are not qualified to say such a thing. Even with 41,000 posts
Why ask our opinions if your just going to assume we aren't qualified when we say fake?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'll excuse your commentary and I would like to point something out for starters. Look at the hands. The orange and white are just sloppy. Compare to an authentic one and you will see crisp lines. It is in the fine details and non authentic watches are getting better and better compared to the real thing.

Once you notice the hands you can go to the numbers. Once you see it then it is hard to unsee.
I just compared photos and you are 100% right. This should be all the gentleman needs.

·
Registered
41,244 Posts
Its probably fake. Franck Mullers are very commonly faked. The 'East' and 'West' text don't seem to line up with the indices. Also, everything everyone else said.

But it does beg the question, would you really want an FM even if it was real?
o_O Like the Poljot - Jaquet - Muller scadal, of about 20 years ago. I sold two pre-owns and just couldn't figure out
all the hoopla about FM, especially the 'Crazy Hour'.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.