WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
So the most important is to find out if anyone has ever seen such one-crown case before. I haven't. In that case this makes it a really rare sample of poljot. :think:

·
Registered
859 Posts
This was in the "Franken of the week" thread. Closer examination shows that the whole alarm assembly has been removed, and the movement has been placed in a different case. Frrrrrrrrrrrrrranken!

·
4,410 Posts
But is begs the question, "What is that case from?"

I can't recall a Poljot with a crown at 4, or 10 for that matter.

Anybody have any thoughts?

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,617 Posts
Given the more complex processes in cutting a 2612.1 ebauche, there is absolutely no business case that makes sense for Poljot using a half-built 2612.1 rather than a stock 2609 (which would fit the same case). The alarm dial with quarter-hour marks is another suspicious sign. As is the plastic spacer cut for two stems...

If there was another factory (not Poljot) set up to only make alarm watches, who then decided to sell a cheaper non-alarm version, then this watch would make sense, but this is clearly a Poljot product originally.

All I can think is that a watchmaker practiced his soldering and plating skills on a damaged watch; not recently either, judging from the condition of the case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.