WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Community

Just want to make my fellow watch flippers aware of a phishing scam by someone pertaining to be Adam Greenberg.

I currently have a watch for sale listed on Timezone and yesterday received and email from Adamgreenbergcim @ gmail.com . Here is a copy of the correspondence to date ( DO NOT CLICK ON THE Timezone LINK ) :

Hi James,
Shipping is to my office addy at pastor dr lancaster PA.

Pls confirm this is your oak & oscar watch advert on TZ-forums before we proceed with payment.

forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=threadt&frm_id=32

Your response will make us round this deal up.

Do you have past sales refs?

Thanks

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 2:01 PM james thorpe <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Adam

No mod at all , i am
The original owner and it’s just as it was delivered from Oak and Oscar .

Shipping to PA will be no problem at all , I insure through Parcel Pro

> On Nov 27, 2018, at 6:03 AM, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Hello
>
> I am interested in your Oak & Oscar Jackson
> Is there any mod on it?
> Shipping is to Lancaster PA.

Something didn't smell right , I am aware that there are fraudsters out there that direct you to a watch website where you will need to log on and thats where they capture your login details . The fact that he enclosed a link back to Timezone asking if this was the watch I was selling made me suspicious ....so I googled his email address , and sure enough came across this thread at Paneristi : https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/paneristi/fs-pam-panerai-005-t308446.html

Note that the real Adam Greenberg has an extra letter in his email address .

Coincidentally, like Adam I was also a victim of this earlier this year with some one impersonating me by changing one letter in my email address.

be careful out there watchfam

James

·
Registered
636 Posts
Received the same email from this scammer.

Also posting as user Luis A. Lara (now banned) on TRF

Reactions: thejollywatcher

·
Registered
18 Posts
Received the same email from this scammer.

Also posting as user Luis A. Lara (now banned) on TRF
I also received this email from Adam Green/Greenberg. Unfortunately i clicked on the link but have changed my password a number of time since then so hopefully that's enough?

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
38,697 Posts
I also received this email from Adam Green/Greenberg. Unfortunately i clicked on the link but have changed my password a number of time since then so hopefully that's enough?
Do you use the same username and password for other sites? Also these hackers can access your account and not get booted out by a password change. The site Admin may have to physically 'reset' your account for you. Have you told the Mods/Admin you logged into a spoofed login page?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you use the same username and password for other sites? Also these hackers can access your account and not get booted out by a password change. The site Admin may have to physically 'reset' your account for you. Have you told the Mods/Admin you logged into a spoofed login page?
Luckily I don't use the same username and will contact admin at Timezone to see what needs to be done. Many thanks and much appreciated for your help.

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
38,697 Posts
Luckily I don't use the same username and will contact admin at Timezone to see what needs to be done. Many thanks and much appreciated for your help.
Unfortunately TimeZone and WUS along with TRF have been playing whack-a-mole with the same hacker/scammer for some time now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts