WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First Posting - please help. I bought a Frederique Constant slim :-(bracelet watch in december 06 as a Christmas present to myself. It appeared to be well made nice minimalist slim design. It started stopping after about 10 months - changed battery - same again at about 23 months old so sent back to makers who put in a new mechanism complete - well known agent refused to issue guarantee but I got them to write on the documents anyway. Worked fine until the second hand fell off while lying on the table! Hand now jammed. Agent has closed down and others reluctant to help. They had the records. This is appalling. Are they really this bad and how do I solve the problem. I doubt I can get the money back now. Should have bought the Oris afterall!
Reference FC-245M4S6B
Movement Caliber FC-245
Battery 341
Jewels 8
Winding Quartz
Life 27 Month
Features Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Date

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,729 Posts
First Posting - please help. I bought a Frederique Constant slim :-(bracelet watch in december 06 as a Christmas present to myself. It appeared to be well made nice minimalist slim design. It started stopping after about 10 months - changed battery - same again at about 23 months old so sent back to makers who put in a new mechanism complete - well known agent refused to issue guarantee but I got them to write on the documents anyway. Worked fine until the second hand fell off while lying on the table! Hand now jammed. Agent has closed down and others reluctant to help. They had the records. This is appalling. Are they really this bad and how do I solve the problem. I doubt I can get the money back now. Should have bought the Oris afterall!
Reference FC-245M4S6B
Movement Caliber FC-245
Battery 341
Jewels 8
Winding Quartz
Life 27 Month
I'm confused here. If the movement was replaced by the manufacturer under the manufacturers warranty why would the selling agent be involved in warrantying the watch? The warranty if any would be from the manufacturer. Presumably the first warranty was for 12 months and the replaced movement would probably warranted only for the remainder of the original warranty unless the manuracturer specifically said otherwise. My guess is the watch is well out of warranty. How could you expect to get your money back on a watch that has been used for 2.5 years??

The seconds hand can be put back on the pinion by any watch maker.
Alternatively you could contact the manufacturer, explain the situation and see if they could be of assistance. They may be willing to absorb some costs even though it would eppear they have no liability.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I sent a PM to the OP, I know and have the number to the FC USA rep; he also reps ALPINA, the sister company, great guy, I just do not feel right giving his number out here, but offerd to get his name and number to the rep, so far....no response, dogdoc

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear MInerva,

I bought a FC-360M4P6 last year. After encountering problems at the end of the last. I had send it to the Frédérique Constant after sales service, and after what everything was OK. Furthermore very fast service and delivrey, after a complete check up... so the watch was like a new one...!!!

So you should contact the after sales service at Plan les Ouates : check the adress on their website and send them e-mail explaining the history of repair incidents.

It would suprise me that they would not take care of the repair in a satisfying way.

Best

Finch

Reference FC-245M4S6B
Movement Caliber FC-245
Battery 341
Jewels 8
Winding Quartz
Life 27 Month

1 - 5 of 5 Posts