WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frederiqure Constant…When a company is more humans than technicians.
Dear members, I want to share with you my story with Frederique Constant Company. I purchased an FC710 Classic Manufacture watch in rose gold some months ago. And as I am not a wealthy person I could not afford buying it from an authorized dealer and paying the £2150. When I bought the watch my financial situation was good in general, however, after that I have faced a serious bad financial situation as I am sponsoring a refugee family of six persons and a Syrian orphan in Syria which is my country of origin. That was from my feeling of responsibility toward my country people. But my passion to own a good in house movement watch made me spend most of my saved money on that watch although the killing feeling of guilty. So I got one from ebay USA for a very good price but with no FC warranty.
When I received the watch I was amazed how luxury it looked. Everything about it was excellent except for one thing: a cracking sound when I wind the watch manually with a cracking feeling as if some gears clash. Indeed the manual winding was difficult and the rotor used to spin during the operation. But the watch was working fine with no problems, and the manual winding did wind the watch properly in spite of the cracking sound, so I thought that was normal.
However, I decided to try another one at an AD. And the AD’s watch was perfect with smooth winding. That made me very upset as I am a fussy person and I wanted the watch to be in perfect working condition. I also did not want the situation to worsen. So I decided to send my watch to Frederique Constant UK customer service.
Unfortunately , my experience with the UK service was not satisfying at all as I spent about £25 for nothing. They returned the watch after 25 days saying that they could not fix it and they recommended sending it to FC Switzerland. They charged me £18 administration and postage fees. Over and above, they returned the watch with another problem. The watch could not be stopped when I pulled the crown to the second position! I understood that this is an exclusive in house movement watch and that it is not an easy thing to reassemble it but I did not expect that from an FC authorized watchmaker.
When the UK CS could not repair it I knew that it was a terrible problem and may cost me a lot of money. I felt afraid to send the watch to FC Switzerland as I knew that the FC710 line can cost 475 Euro for service and I could not afford even half that price.
What I did was sending an email to FC Switzerland describing what happened to me. And I explained clearly that I did not have the money to fix it regarding my country and my family situation, keeping in mind that my watch had no warranty. I did not expect much but I hoped they could consider my situation and give me a discount or at least give me the £25 off. I received an email from FC vice manager the next day apologising for all the inconvenience and offering a free of charge watch service!! So I sent the watch to them and after 12 days I received the watch as new without any problem, I did not even have to pay for the return cost.
This had a real effect on me. I just had the feeling that a company can be more that technicians, contractors and watchmakers. They can be humans also. They did not have to offer anything to me, they could ignor the story or at least they could only give me a discount. But they did everything free of charge taking into consideration a 'customer human' with a complicated life problems in which even a watch fault can add much cmplications to his life. I feet it is my responsibility to share my story with other FC fans. From my heart…Thank you Frederique Constant for being humans.
T WATCH T

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow what a story. I'm unsure if the bigger brands will do the same. Kudos to FC! Thanks for sharing!
Yes you are right, I think the bigger brands would deal with the situation from "regulations" point of view and would charge me in full as my watch had no warranty, or they just could cut off the £25. But this was not the case with FC. this is why I shared the story.
Thanks for your comment...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts