WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just kidding, sorry I just couldn't resist since it's friday and the recently closed thread soliciting a watch which I enjoyed reading, apologies if it offends anyone, I'll go hide now . . .;-)

·
Registered
14,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha,ha, thx for taking kindly to my levity! Have a great weekend!!!

·
Premium Member
61,485 Posts
Drhr, you uttered the magic words - watch and free but I thought there's got to be a catch and sure enough there was. No need to apologise just send me your Rolex. :-d

·
Registered
14,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:-d . . .yeah, I know the op/scammer down under in the solicitation thread thought so too . . . .

·
Moderator Public Forum
2,876 Posts
I wouldn't have given this thread a second thought except it was started by drhr. I thought to myself, "Self, drhr has an absolutely phenomenal collection! If he is giving away a watch, I need to get in on this... maybe it's the Lange!" Now to find out it's a joke..... As a moderator I need to remind you of one of our obscure rules... "the next time you start a joke thread for a free watch, you will have to donate one from your collection!"

Thanks for the laugh

·
Registered
14,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldn't have given this thread a second thought except it was started by drhr. I thought to myself, "Self, drhr has an absolutely phenomenal collection! If he is giving away a watch, I need to get in on this... maybe it's the Lange!" Now to find out it's a joke..... As a moderator I need to remind you of one of our obscure rules... "the next time you start a joke thread for a free watch, you will have to donate one from your collection!"

Thanks for the laugh
bacari, thx so much for bearing with/accepting my levity. I certainly appreciate the collection compliment! I will say this much: I so want the Boston Watch Company to make it - "When" it comes to fruition and I receive my ordered piece, I will consider gifting it rather than selling as, knowing my habits, I won't hang on to it for very long (gonna have to think how to make it fair and interesting). I'm not a super wealthy philanthropist (wish I was) but I have enjoyed myself on this forum and am at a point in my life (read old, but primarily from an emotional standpoint) such that I like givin' back to whatever extent that I can. That trite sentiment "the giver get's more than the receiver", is true, at least for me . . .

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Best be careful there....you won't want to gift it when you hold it! Thanks for the support...it is very much appreciated!!

Aloha!

bacari, thx so much for bearing with/accepting my levity. I certainly appreciate the collection compliment! I will say this much: I so want the Boston Watch Company to make it - "When" it comes to fruition and I receive my ordered piece, I will consider gifting it rather than selling as, knowing my habits, I won't hang on to it for very long (gonna have to think how to make it fair and interesting). I'm not a super wealthy philanthropist (wish I was) but I have enjoyed myself on this forum and am at a point in my life (read old, but primarily from an emotional standpoint) such that I like givin' back to whatever extent that I can. That trite sentiment "the giver get's more than the receiver", is true, at least for me . . .

·
Registered
14,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Best be careful there....you won't want to gift it when you hold it! Thanks for the support...it is very much appreciated!!

Aloha!
:-d . . . that's why I want you to make it, your passion/confidence is contagious! If I've sold the FF's and/or don't have a similar piece, I'll consider keeping it and givin' somethin' else, even if I have to purchase a suitable gift replacement. Now go make your company happen!!!! Aloha and Mahalo to you, too!

Reactions: wschofield3

·
Registered
20,963 Posts
I came here for a free watch now someone better give me a damn watch!

:)

·
Registered
14,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I came here for a free watch now someone better give me a damn watch!

:)
:) . . . . that was jonathanhsu789's expectation too when he asked for a freebie . . .

·
Registered
14,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No one's put their hand up for the Blancpain FF have they?
:-d . . no, not yet so if/when I'll remember you have first dibs ;-)

Reactions: meloie

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
Look. I'll take whatever Nomos you own off your hands. Free of charge! In fact, for this limited time offer, I'll even pay the shipping.

Reactions: drhr

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
You know how mad I was when I found out that our good friend drhr was not really giving away one of his watches?!?!? Oh what a nasty gag!

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: drhr

·
Registered
14,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You know how mad I was when I found out that our good friend drhr was not really giving away one of his watches?!?!? Oh what a nasty gag!

I am so sorry for my transgression gagnello! I succumb willingly to 50 lashes with a wet noodle ;-) . . . .

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
I am so sorry for my transgression gagnello! I succumb willingly to 50 lashes with a wet noodle ;-) . . . .
No thats ok. We will just take one of your collection for free as an ahole tax :D! In all seriousness though...that other thread was so ridiculous. I havent ever seen anything like that. I would like to thank that other op for such a great laugh.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts