WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Man, it was cold.

The greater Houston area saw the coldest temperatures since '89: -8 C with snow, sleet, black ice. The homes are not built for these temps - had no water in the house for 2 days ..... fortunately just frozen pipes and no burst pipes. Some neighbors were not so lucky.

Managed to pry the Portuguese of my wrist after 7+ weeks and am now wearing this:

160313_IWC_Mark_XVI_RB_4.jpg

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man, it was cold.

The greater Houston area saw the coldest temperatures since '89: -8 C with snow, sleet, black ice. The homes are not built for these temps - had no water in the house for 2 days ..... fortunately just frozen pipes and no burst pipes. Some neighbors were not so lucky.

Managed to pry the Portuguese of my wrist after 7+ weeks and am now wearing this:

View attachment 12818987
Minus 8! Snow!? Black ice!!?? It just doesn't happen in my neck of the woods. People always find it weird whenever Australians talk about going to the beach on Christmas Day.

Hope you're well, MHe.

...Then this for Friday

I gave some serious thought to getting one of these, Mike. The honey-coloured dial model was a beauty. I thought these NTH models would be around for a while so I didn't rush. And then I found out that Janus Trading were out of stock. Oh well, there's always another watch on the horizon.

Wore these other ones throughout the week;

View attachment SM69.JPG

View attachment Speedy.JPG

DH.JPG

It got to 40 degrees here today. I got home from work and switched watches.
But first, I needed a drink, so I stopped off at Dan Murphy (a liquor chain) and snagged a bottle of Tanqueray and a four-pack of Fever Tree tonic water.

Got home, poured a liberal amount of gin, six or seven ice cubes, a dash of Angostura Bitters (for colour, to give it that Depression era tinge), topped off with tonic water, and a squeeze or two of lime. The first one went down too easy. Took my time with the second one. Switched over to the Oris Diver SixtyFive;

D65.JPG

Was going to continue with this thread (shameless plug coming up);

https://www.watchuseek.com/f20/sotc-january-2018-nows-good-time-any-4610151.html

But I'm too tired. Only got three more watches to add.

Anyway, dinner time (pizza). Have a good one, all!

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just remember, KG - YOU asked for it;

P1191024.JPG

This is gonna get out of hand. I blame Ken!

Hey Aliosa, here are some of my pens;

View attachment P1130991.JPG

Gotta get the Vacumatic fixed.

Okay, think I'll have another drink.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
This

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
My just arrived new 116710 BLNR. I quickly put it on a Runner B strap that fits it perfectly. Happy Friday everyone!

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
979 Posts
I wasn't going to do this, but you forced my wrist.

20180119_163522.jpg

And speaking of bad weather, The NL was hit by a pretty big storm yesterday. They say winds reached speeds of 120 kph (80 mph). This is what I found on my way (walking) to work.

20180118_101629.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,692 Posts
Have a great weekend everyone

20180119_111553.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,692 Posts
My just arrived new 116710 BLNR. I quickly put it on a Runner B strap that fits it perfectly. Happy Friday everyone!

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
Beautiful watch! I love mine, more so since I had the PCLs brushed!

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
I gave some serious thought to getting one of these, Mike. The honey-coloured dial model was a beauty. I thought these NTH models would be around for a while so I didn't rush. And then I found out that Janus Trading were out of stock. Oh well, there's always another watch on the horizon

High class problems for Chris one of his subs blew up on someone’s blog and selling like. Crazy . I pre ordered the devil ray and am anxious to see it come April

As for this Azores it’s just ‘different enough’ from most of my collection it’s a great change up from all of the regular divers

Reactions: teeritz
1 - 20 of 32 Posts