WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some other watches worn this week.

The perfectly proportioned (for my wrist) 36.2mm Railmaster, on a no-name leather strap, from last weekend;

Watch Analog watch Clock Silver Watch accessory

And I kept it on to start the work week;

Watch Hand Arm Leg Luggage and bags

The 42mm 1st (and best!) Generation Planet Ocean later in the week, seen here in glorious black & white;

Watch Hand Arm Analog watch Black

And back to today's watch, which started this thread, the Black Bay 58;

Watch Analog watch Alarm clock Eyewear Wood

Maybe I'll be back over the weekend with whatever watches I've worn. Hope you all have a good weekend, gang!

Keep the watch pix coming.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
For Fri 5 Aug '22
TGI Friday again.
Great looking Black Bay, Tino.
EDIT : Oops! Some more too - great shots, as usual!

This week the heat gave way to torrential downpours & a typhoon signal earlier.
I started off last weekend with a brace of Seikos, my Spirit SBTM159 on Saturday
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Wrist

Excuse the "neon tan" on the way to dinner. Not much neon left these days, compared ‘90s Tsim Sha Tsui & Nathan Road
Better half & I had a wonderful day out Sunday, I was sporting my SBGX093,
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Wrist

She left her Aqua Terra at home by mistake. It's the one Olga Kurylenko wore opposite Daniel Craig as James Bond in Quantum of Solace (not the actual one, of course).
Watch Analog watch Everyday carry Clock Silver

~ snap with both our Quantum of Solace Omegas in Kyoto (older pics)
Watch Analog watch Arm Light Product

I wore the 2500 PO this week too
Watch Analog watch Arm Clock Watch accessory

... and my 14060M Sub
Watch Analog watch Clock Everyday carry Jewellery

I'm wearing the Seiko Spirit SBTM159 again now, behaving perfectly since the mini-overhaul a couple weeks ago. Quite suitable for dashing around on a wet weekend.
Enjoy yours, whatever watch you wear!

·
Registered
12,145 Posts
I'm surprised [at myself] to report - I've recently discovered a new hobby.

It helps when you got a 4 year old who likes them too :)

I also didn't know there is a Conan the Barbarian influence to He-Man.

To my amazement and disappointment - they are like Rolex to come by. The popular ones can't be found at retail or triple the rrp. Still cheaper than a watch hobby :-D

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
excellent watch photos everyone!!

@teeritz -- yes, the RM & the 1st PO look ideally suited for your wrist... (y)
and..........I do love a nice, hot Montecristo sandwich....... :love:

@SeventeenJewels -- great to see a vintage Movado -- bring variety to this watch "show & tell". dont see many vintage Movado around -- back then they made some really nice watches esp. the Datron....They are getting hard to find.....

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Wore last weeks Stowa FOLE through the weekend and on Monday. Didn't take a fresh photo, so I'll give you an archive pic of its more interesting side:
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Clock Natural material

Monday night, I switched to my 3572 Speedmaster Professional Mitsukoshi conversion and took the photo below on Wednesday
Watch Analog watch White Silver Clock

It is not the greatest photo (not 100% in focus, two of the hands in the sundials are MIA) so I'll add a bonus shot from the archives, showing the lesser seen side of this beauty
Watch Analog watch Product Clock Font

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Mostly a chronograph week, but I did wear the 300 on Monday.

Also wore the PO9300ti. Although it's a beast in size, the titanium weight makes it very manageable to wear. Still love the watch and all the attention to finishing. Crisp all around, but not so sharp that it seems under-finished. Very well executed.

Wore my '91-ish, Speedmaster yesterday.

And today the Navitimer. Not sure what the weekend will bring yet. Probably a Seiko diver of some sort.

Have a great weekend all.

·
Registered
7,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
excellent watch photos everyone!!

@teeritz -- yes, the RM & the 1st PO look ideally suited for your wrist... (y)
and..........I do love a nice, hot Montecristo sandwich....... :love:
Yes, I'm fast reaching a point where I have a better idea of what sizes work best for my wrist according to type of watch.
If the 42mm PO had been 2mm smaller and a tad thinner, it would have been perfect for me.
As for the ashtray, that's as far as I go with regard to cigars. Never got into them. I just like the packaging, and the Montecristo logo is a beautiful example of Art Deco font design.

·
Registered
7,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Saturday's watches;

- My son and I went to a morning session of Bullet Train today. As far as modern action films go, it moved at a great pace, it was funny in places, violent in others, the performances were stellar, cinematography was sharp, and the story unfolded nicely, with a few clever backs-and-forths in the narrative.
It ain't Shakespeare, hepcats, but then, the mind needs a little chocolate too from time to time.
I wore my circa 2012 Citizen Eco-Drive Nighthawk;

Tableware Coffee cup Watch Dishware Drinkware

Brad Pitt wears a Breitling AVI 1953 re-edition in platinum in this film, worn on a minimal stitch leather strap. I got home from the film and, later in the afternoon, switched over to the speedy Pro on a minimal stitch strap;

Tableware Dishware Kitchen utensil Cutlery Plate

I hope your weekends are going smoothly. Keep posting up pix of your watches if you're that way inclined. This one's the weekend thread, after all.

Cheers!

·
Registered
6,438 Posts

^^ Friday

…and earlier in the week:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Yes, I'm fast reaching a point where I have a better idea of what sizes work best for my wrist according to type of watch.
If the 42mm PO had been 2mm smaller and a tad thinner, it would have been perfect for me.
As for the ashtray, that's as far as I go with regard to cigars. Never got into them. I just like the packaging, and the Montecristo logo is a beautiful example of Art Deco font design.
I would say "the same for me" -- I am beginning to realize from lug-lug specs whether a watch willbe a good fit for me or not. In this vein I'm beginning to realize that all 42mm are not created equal -- some will fit me & many others won't...
there's a story here but let the watch arrive first -- back-ordered -- i'm told end-Aug at the earliest ----- the last 3 words don't sound encouraging to me.......

> beautiful example of Art Deco font design
this is a watch forum, I know, but I could not help myself when I read Art Deco. Many years ago there was a rolling (no pun intended) exhibit of Art Deco cars at the museum in the next city over. I also really like the architecture, the font, the styling from that era. It's just so unique. I had my DSLR back then (Nikon) & I did go a bit crazy taking photos. Here are some of them....

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car

Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

just beautiful lines -- if these cars were on the road, each one of them would be head-turners..... (y)

Watch Water Plant Azure Swimming pool

1 - 20 of 38 Posts