WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I haven’t been on the forums much lately - I’ve been cycling a lot and also trying to consolidate rather than grow my watch collection.

When I did have a look at F20 (my spiritual home) last week I saw the following thread.

The perfect 3-5 watch collection - let's see what OMEGA guys come up with!

And have always LOVED SOTC / perfect collection discussions.

I previously had a pam424, which was a little large and I moved it along, but developed a love of radiomirs, which was reignited by iam7head’s photo.

And you know how it goes from there! About 4 days of research later I impulsively got my hands on a beautiful 992.

I’m still consolidating; PO, SM300 ti, 16750, navi 806 gone, with railmaster, Pelagos and chronostop on chopping block. But sometimes you’ve got to take a step back to take a few more forward, right?

Sorry it’s not Omega specific, but I think we all appreciate the richness of variety too.

Happy Friday all

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ah, as often happens another Friday thread was created whilst I was typing! And by none other than the wizard of words, Teeritz So I shall bow down from the Friday thread, but welcome any thoughts on consolidation or the Pam

·
Registered
11,571 Posts
Great to see you back on here fella. What kind of cycling have you been doing? Love to here as I’m a keen cyclist too :)

As for consolidating, I’m with you. So you’ll be keeping the Pam as a one and only? If it works for you then great! Many will say you’re mad but to each their own :)

I’m now approaching a point of owning one watch again. AT gone, Sub soon to be following. Then it’s whether to keep the PO or move that one when I’ve find the perfect (to me anyway) watch to replace it with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great to see you back on here fella. What kind of cycling have you been doing? Love to here as I’m a keen cyclist too :)

As for consolidating, I’m with you. So you’ll be keeping the Pam as a one and only? If it works for you then great! Many will say you’re mad but to each their own :)

I’m now approaching a point of owning one watch again. AT gone, Sub soon to be following. Then it’s whether to keep the PO or move that one when I’ve find the perfect (to me anyway) watch to replace it with.

Hey Dan, really good to hear from you and yes, nice to be back - funny how we go through these waves of interest and focus!
I’ve always done triathlons and did Ironman Bolton in 2018. I really enjoyed the cycling training when I joined a road cycling club in London and have got into it from there - doing about 8k miles a year since. I’ve been doing a few road races, crits and hill climbs. A bit of Zwift and TrainerRoad on the indoor trainer (which is where the real gains are made ). I picked up a Venge, second hand, at the beginning of the year (now obsolete of course - Tarmac SL7 ) and it is an awesome bike!

Consolidation wise - no, am nowhere near a one watch collection! I’ve managed to whittle down to a SubC, Speedy, 1675, 5513 (which I may move), white Daytona, 177 and 992 Pams, 15202 (!), and a couple of other sentimental pieces.

How about you, what sort of cycling are you up to? I liked how your sub was looking on you, but you’re moving it on with the POLM? Hoping for the one watch dream?

Hope you’re well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts