WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wore this one today;

I bought three dark blue Tropic rubber straps and two Marine Nationale-style straps off cheapestnatostraps.com. I put the black MN strap onto the WatchCo Seamaster 300. Very comfy fit, but you need three hands to put these things on. I think the Erika's Originals MN straps are a slightly different construction, in terms of where the hardware is placed along the strap, but I thought I'd try one of the cheapest nato strap versions first, to see what I think of the look and fit. For fifteen USD, it was worth the risk.

Back soon with the rest of this week's watches.

In the meantime, watch you got on your wrist?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
That looks good Tino, certainly worth the small investment.
Mine is back on bracelet and I am looking at way too many threads on the new 36mm Explorer.

In the background is the new to me iPhone12 aka the black block. After almost seven years it was time to part with my iPhone6. Amazing how quickly apps load and nice to have Whatsapp messages on the home screen again, I was missing too many messages. Hope this one will as long as the old one.

Have a great weekend, all, for me it is a working one.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Love the look of your SM300 on the Erika's strap, Tino!

Just 4 watches for me this week, started off early week alternating between my 42 mm 2500 Planet Ocean, and the '57 Railmaster reissue ~

Midweek I switched to my 2004 Submariner 14060M for a visit to Cyberport :

The rest of the week I’ve worn my JLC Master Control …

The weather here has been improving, & the blue sky reflects unusually in the inky black watch face…

Had a long walk along the sea-front back from town before lunch today, really warm & bright, got rather a surfeit of snaps …

Almost back home!

Will probably keep this one on over the weekend, enjoy yours & stay safe!

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, my Friday Nite Dry Martini has been stirred (never shaken. Sorry, Bond) and here are the rest of this week's watches.

Started the week with the Oris Divers SixtyFive on the other MN strap. Not overly crazy about the red stripe, but they didn't have it in all blue;

Switched to the Tudor Ranger on Wednesday;

And over to the Seiko SARB033 on Thursday;

Got home from work yesterday and switched to the Seamaster 300 which began this thread;

That photo is from the "No Time To Die" edition of Omega's Lifetime magazine. That there is Ian Fleming's house, Goldeneye, in Oracabessa, Jamaica. He bought it just after WWII and he'd retreat there to write his Bond novels throughout the '50s and early '60s. You can't see it, but there's a set of stone steps that lead down to a private beach. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Got home from work, had dinner (leftover pasta alla vodka from Wednesday night) and switched over to the BB58 before mixing the drink.

I'm glad this week's over. Got a customer who refuses to accept that his watch has sustained impact damage. The 5 o'clock lug has some deep grazes on it and, when you look at the lug from the side, you can see a 'ripple' across the surface of the steel. The watch is on a leather strap and, just out of curiosity, I removed the strap from and then tried to fit the end-link of a bracelet onto the watch. The 12 o'clock side slotted in without any issues. The 6 o'clock side jammed. This watch has hit something so hard that the 20mm lug width is no longer 20mm wide.
Did he drop the watch off a building?

Anyway, we have offered to waive the labour charge ($220.oo), but the watch needs a new dial, so we have to charge for it. No other way around that.
We'll see what happens next week.

Have a safe/relaxing/productive/enjoyable weekend!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I wore this one today;

View attachment 15856034

I bought three dark blue Tropic rubber straps and two Marine Nationale-style straps off cheapestnatostraps.com. I put the black MN strap onto the WatchCo Seamaster 300. Very comfy fit, but you need three hands to put these things on. I think the Erika's Originals MN straps are a slightly different construction, in terms of where the hardware is placed along the strap, but I thought I'd try one of the cheapest nato strap versions first, to see what I think of the look and fit. For fifteen USD, it was worth the risk.

Erika's straps are expensive, but the quality is better than the cheap ones. Still cheap relative to an OEM strap. Wearing this guy for the weekend:

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
The week got away from me. I had planned to wear more than one watch, but that didn't happen. Cosmic 2000 is still on my wrist as I type this.
Time is a blur, don't recall when it was that we talked about washing machines on the out. Mine is self destructing, acted like a rodeo horse last time I ran it and there were pieces of plastic with the laundry I pulled out. Awaiting delivery of a new one today. How exciting ......
Stay safe, sane and healthy, enjoy the weekend and good luck if you must work.

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Time is a blur, don't recall when it was that we talked about washing machines on the out. Mine is self destructing, acted like a rodeo horse last time I ran it and there were pieces of plastic with the laundry I pulled out. Awaiting delivery of a new one today. How exciting ......
The washing machine talk was about six weeks ago, I think. We just filled in the online warranty registration about three hours ago.
If you wanna have some fun with the old machine, drag it out into the back yard, throw a cinder block into it, plug it in and switch it on. Then run like hell because it will bounce around like a bucking bull.
I saw an Instagram video where somebody did that.
Ahh, what the hell...fast forward to the last 20 seconds.

The Original Washing Machine Self-Destructs

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Yeah, I know, the same watch.......again! :) Love it, though. Have a fab weekend, chaps.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I wore this one today;

View attachment 15856034

Looks great. Nicest Seamaster I've seen in a long while. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
I wore this one today;

View attachment 15856034

Nice as always Tino!

This week the Sub took most of the wrist time:

With the Milgauss and BB58 completing the week rotation:

Have a nice weekend and be safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 40 Posts