WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Apologies to those of you out there who are in freezing temperatures, but it's bloody hot here in Melbourne this week. Our five-day lockdown ended on Wednesday and we returned to work, where the air-con in my office broke down a couple of weeks ago and it won't be repaired until next Wednesday, at the earliest.
By 3:00pm this afternoon, it was 27.6 degrees (81.68 Fahrenheit) at my desk.
Anyway, I wore the Citizen Eco-Drive Nighthawk today;

Finished reading a John le Carré earlier this week and switched over to something completely different, which I have to say I wasn't enjoying at all.
I went from the sublime to the ridiculous and, by page 46, I decided to shut it down and go back to British espionage fiction, by an author named Mick Herron. If you're interested, Slow Horses is his first book. It's about a forgotten division of MI6, where has-beens and stuff-ups are sent, to work on menial tasks with no chance of playing in the big leagues again.
Running this rag-tag unit is an ex-Cold Warrior named Jackson Lamb. He smokes and drinks too much, [email protected]$ and burps too much, and doesn't shower, shave or change his shirts often enough, but he still has a razor-sharp tactical mind.

And yes, that is a Jackson that I use as a bookmark when I read American fiction.

Back later with pics of this week's other watches.

Hope you're all staying safe and/or warm.

@MHe225, hang in there! You're a Texan, after all. (y)

·
Registered
7,689 Posts
Apologies to those of you out there who are in freezing temperatures, but it's bloody hot here in Melbourne this week. Our five-day lockdown ended on Wednesday and we returned to work, where the air-con in my office broke down a couple of weeks ago and it won't be repaired until next Wednesday, at the earliest.
By 3:00pm this afternoon, it was 27.6 degrees (81.68 Fahrenheit) at my desk.
Anyway, I wore the Citizen Eco-Drive Nighthawk today;

View attachment 15720122

Finished reading a John le Carré earlier this week and switched over to something completely different, which I have to say I wasn't enjoying at all.
I went from the sublime to the ridiculous and, by page 46, I decided to shut it down and go back to British espionage fiction, by an author named Mick Herron. If you're interested, Slow Horses is his first book. It's about a forgotten division of MI6, where has-beens and stuff-ups are sent, to work on menial tasks with no chance of playing in the big leagues again.
Running this rag-tag unit is an ex-Cold Warrior named Jackson Lamb. He smokes and drinks too much, [email protected]$ and burps too much, and doesn't shower, shave or change his shirts often enough, but he still has a razor-sharp tactical mind.

And yes, that is a Jackson that I use as a bookmark when I read American fiction.

Back later with pics of this week's other watches.

Hope you're all staying safe and/or warm.

@MHe225, hang in there! You're a Texan, after all. (y)
Nice as always Tino! Not freezing or melting here, temperatures in the Caribbean are currently on the 70-80 degrees Farenheit so can’t complaint:

Still working mostly from home but likely to start going daily to the office soon. This week was again mainly the BB58:

and a little the Milgauss:

Weekend is here at last! Will probably continue to alternate that pair, unless the desire arises to wear any of the others. Happy weekend everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Wow! It's Friday again, where did the week go ?!
Still in a bit of a cold snap here, my pulled back is much better now, not 100% yet, but have been working since Tuesday.
~ Tino, sorry about the aircon, hope it gets fixed soon!
Will look into Mick Herron.

Another simple watch week again for me - & all just quick phone snaps; just my '57 Railmaster re-issue...

- and my 42mm 2500 Planet Ocean - Oops! Wrong date; pic from a while ago, but it's back on this strap again now :

...and now something "a bit smarter, please" for meals out with my better half tonight & tomorrow, it's her mum's birthday. Fingers crossed my 2016 Master Control Date will fit the bill, it's the smartest thing I've got...

Enjoy your weekend's & stay safe!

·
Registered
9,974 Posts
Haven't had a good week health wise, affliction is playing up. Not seeing a practitioner until Monday.

Work wise it's been ok, but had to take 1 day off.

Wearing the perfectly clean (you don't want I mean :-D) PO all week.

Covid gone again from the Western Australian community, we are back to 'normal'. Seeing the doctor next week to discuss vaccinationamongst other things.

Tomorrow a weekend road holiday trip - planning to take the SMP.

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, I've had dinner (Lasagna. In THIS heat!) and here are this week's other watches.

The Tudor Black Bay 58 is still getting the lion's share of time on the wrist. My daughter and I made some of these Cigarette biscuits last weekend. They turned out nicely, even though I singed my fingers in the process. Soundtrack provided by Duke Ellington AND The Arctic Monkeys;

Decided to change the ribbon on my 1981 Olivetti Lettera 32 typewriter. This machine churned out numerous assignments and book reports back in high skool. Took me longer to change the ribbon than I'd hoped. I'm out of practice.

Switched over to the Oris Divers SixtyFive for yesterday;

And got home from work this afternoon and switched over to the Omega Planet Ocean, 42mm;

Bottle labels make great bookmarks, too.

What are you all wearing today?

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow! It's Friday again, where did the week go ?!
Still in a bit of a cold snap here, my pulled back is much better now, not 100% yet, but have been working since Tuesday.
~ Tino, sorry about the aircon, hope it gets fixed soon!
Will look into Mick Herron.
...and now something "a bit smarter, please" for meals out with my better half tonight & tomorrow, it's her mum's birthday. Fingers crossed my 2016 Master Control Date will fit the bill, it's the smartest thing I've got...

View attachment 15720278

Enjoy your weekend's & stay safe!
I don't think I've seen this one of yours, Will. Very sharp. I've got a lot of time (pardon the pun) for J-LeC. I'd love to get a circa 1999 Master Grande Taille. They measure 37mm in diameter. Perfect for my wrist. I'd put J-LeC in the Top Three. Actually, make that THE Top. This brand has always been considered a watchmaker's watch.
Hope the Birthday dinner goes well!

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Glad it’s Friday and good to see this thread to contribute to. Friday afternoon off for me, but then long week at work to make up for it. Snow gone, but still chilly here. I wore my Master Calendar over the weekend, my Bond GMT to start the week and my PO to end

I hope Ron your week has been better than you feared, Tino I hope that a/c gets fixed soon, trust everyone else ok and stays safe and well.

HAGWE

Nigel

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
The usual suspects for me again this week. Here is the best picture I've taken of each watch this week;

20210216_090702.jpg

20210217_091459.jpg

20210218_083710.jpg

Wearing the Speedy for a visit with my folks today;

20210219_211136.jpg

Thanks for sharing the great pictures, all. Have yourselves a great weekend!!

René

1 - 20 of 38 Posts