WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And here we are, two weeks into this new year. The weather has been quite warm here in Melbourne this week. A little more humid than I prefer, but what can you do?
My wife and kids all received positive Covid results earlier this week. I have yet to receive mine, but I've isolated for the past 7 days and my symptoms are virtually all gone. A little cough here and there during the day, but this is fading with each passing day. So, it looks like we may be out of the woods this time around.
I hope those of you who've had it are getting over the worst of it.

Wristwatch-wise, it was these three this week.

The Seiko SKX009K, in this photo that I took while sitting in my car last Friday morning, awaiting a Covid test;

Watch Hand Analog watch White Vehicle

Actually, did I post this photo last week? Who remembers.

Wore this Seiko for most of the week. Switched to the Rolex Sub 5513 this morning;

Watch Communication Device Gadget Telephony Font

And then switched over to the Tudor Black Bay 58 this afternoon;

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Material property

Well, I dunno about you all, but I'm glad this week's over. I gave myself some retail therapy on eBay this week and there's a mid-Sixties Seiko Weekdater on its way to me. Which means I'll be moving a watch out of the collection at some point soon.

Anyway, I hope you're all well and that the year has started off well for you.

What watch you wearing?

And Happy Birthday, Rene! What are you wearing today? ;)

·
Registered
327 Posts
“You can keep all your fancy watches, this one is more accurate than yours and cost a fraction of the price”

My Dad, circa 2010 (previous owner of the below)

Watch Analog watch Gesture Clock Finger

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
And here we are, two weeks into this new year. The weather has been quite warm here in Melbourne this week. A little more humid than I prefer, but what can you do?
My wife and kids all received positive Covid results earlier this week. I have yet to receive mine, but I've isolated for the past 7 days and my symptoms are virtually all gone. A little cough here and there during the day, but this is fading with each passing day. So, it looks like we may be out of the woods this time around.

The Seiko SKX009K, in this photo that I took while sitting in my car last Friday morning, awaiting a Covid test;

View attachment 16363985

Wore this Seiko for most of the week. Switched to the Rolex Sub 5513 this morning;

View attachment 16363986

View attachment 16363987

Well, I dunno about you all, but I'm glad this week's over. I gave myself some retail therapy on eBay this week and there's a mid-Sixties Seiko Weekdater on its way to me. Which means I'll be moving a watch out of the collection at some point soon.

What watch you wearing?

Thanks for the birthday wish, Tino!!

Actually, it's not today here yet. It's still yesterday. You'll have to wait until tomorrow for the big reveal. If all goes to plan there should be a post from me in about 12 hours.

Rene

·
Registered
327 Posts
Sorry to hear about the Covid, Tino. Hope you and the fam fix up nice and soon!

Picking my Visodate up tomorrow after it’s first service :)

·
Registered
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the birthday wish, Tino!!

Actually, it's not today here yet. It's still yesterday. You'll have to wait until tomorrow for the big reveal. If all goes to plan there should be a post from me in about 12 hours.

Rene
Perfect! I didn't want to steal your thunder, Rene. Your 'Eight Horse Race' post needs an ending, after all.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Perfect! I didn't want to steal your thunder, Rene. Your 'Eight Horse Race' post needs an ending, after all.
Oh, most definitely! I'm going to post a picture or two of the watch while I'm at the AD so you guys aren't kept in suspense for too long. Then I'll do a more thorough wrap-up of that thread on Saturday. I'm pretty excited. Thanks for your interest and encouragement, Tino!

Rene

·
Registered
1,913 Posts

View attachment 16363985

View attachment 16363986

View attachment 16363987

What watch you wearing?

A Happy, blessed and purpose filled 2022 Omega Brethrens! 1st 2022 post here today.

Hang on in there. Have faith. Trust in the Lord!

Last year has been very rough and tough to a lot of people and families all over the world. Me and my family weren’t spared. I lost a lot of family members and friends. Livelihood has been direly compromised now and sadly, I might be selling a few timepieces soon to keep the boat afloat.

On the wrist today is in my mind, my very first nice watch. Have had it for a number of years and hopefully, for a lot more years to come.
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Silver

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Impressive watches & pics this week, guys.
Happy Birthday René, looking forward to the big reveal in your post tomorrow...
Well done for your wife and kids Tino, & hopefully you’ll get your good news any day now.

Three watch week again for me, little time to change around. Time is always tight on Fridays, so here’s a quick group shot :
Watch Analog watch Product Black Clock

(didn’t notice I had the date set wrongly on my PO until I'd prepared the pics for this post) .🤦‍♂️

I started off the week wearing my regular favourite, which gave me quite a shock Tuesday morning after my better-half had gone to work; unusually, she managed to leave without waking me.
I wanted to be up & out well before 9 AM, but when dozily I half squinted at my watch, I got a little bit of a shock…
Watch Analog watch Silver Clock Wrist

I wore the Master Control Date for most of the week, but also saved some time for a couple of others. I had the Seiko GS SBGX093 on a few times mid-week ~
Watch Hand Analog watch Sleeve Clock

~ and the Ω slot went to my by 42mm 2500 Planet Ocean this week. A couple of quick phone snaps as I was rushing around from this morning which came out OK :
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Grey

Watch Hand Analog watch Photograph Light

Well, ‘that was the week that was’

No idea for the weekend yet, depends on what my wife’s plans are, if any.
Have a great weekend whichever watch you wear, & stay safe!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Wearing the Cosmic 2000 today (and for most of the past week).

Along with the Railmaster, this was another watch I was intending to move on, but as soon as I put it on this strap it has barely left my wrist.

Love the 3D dial, and Art Deco / 70s feel. The sunburst silver / white / gold / pink dial (depending on the light) is also beautifully done and is complemented so well by a lighter brown strap. A very underrated Omega IMO, which is unlikely to go anywhere anytime soon.

Happy weekend all.

Edited because my wife recognised I had used the wrong spelling of complemented. Who knew there were two?!

·
Registered
8,149 Posts

View attachment 16363985

View attachment 16363986

View attachment 16363987

What watch you wearing?

Happy to hear family health is improving Tino!

This week had been wearing mostly the Smiths Commando:

and the Mark 40 speedy, still on a Delugs leather band:

Recently got interested on Squale watches and managed to get an Atmos GMT Dusky, which just arrived yesterday and as such is taking the spotlight. Nice quality at its price point:

Wearing it today:

and likely through the weekend. Have a nice weekend and be safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
327 Posts
Right oh, weekend has landed, only non-beater I currently have in service…. And I’m missing the red silicon too!
Watch Analog watch Gesture Clock Wrist

·
Registered
327 Posts
That Railmaster gets a big big thumbs up from me!

Reactions: fskywalker

·
Registered
9,828 Posts
Hi everyone and thanks for the great pictures and watches. Wishing a swift recovery to those unwell, joy to those celebrating birthdays or other events and congratulations to those with new arrivals. A long week at work for me, but no reason to complain. I started the week with my PO and am finishing with my Bond GMT
Watch Brown Analog watch Clock Watch accessory

HAGWE

Nigel

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Wore my 3861 for the entire week…

I’m considering a new Tank Must large to join my Santos. My cousin owns the Seiko “Tank”, so he shipped it to me overnight to try on for size as it’s very similar to the large Tank Must. Not going to lie, for about $200, this Seiko is quite nice and looks great on the wrist. Going to give this a test drive for the next week I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 52 Posts