WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
12,745 Posts
Boy, does it ever, Dan!

I only had occasion to see it/wear it at the AD under those lights. It always looked a very flat, chalky white...which I loved.

Seeing it in natural light was an eye opener. I know the phrase "pictures don't do it justice" is used a lot here, but with this watch they really don't. It's not difficult to capture the nuances of this dial in a picture...it's impossible!

View attachment 16367893

I'm loving it!

René
With failing eyes I’m appreciating white dials more nowadays. Can’t wait to see your GM on a nice grey suede strap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Greg,

I'm not sure if you've had the opportunity to see this one in the metal, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be disappointed with your purchase.

Is it the silver (white) dial you're planning on getting?

René
Rene,
to be honest I have admired from afar, it has great lines, but have not held one in person
would need to see how the light hits the dial to determine color choice
your 300 seems to show different colors in different light, is this one like that???
Greg

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
With failing eyes I’m appreciating white dials more nowadays. Can’t wait to see your GM on a nice grey suede strap

Agreed! A grey suede would look outstanding.

I had earmarked as my first strap the oem grey alligator with deployant. However, when I was at the AD yesterday the SA showed me the brown alligator that comes on the silver dial GM annual calendar and 🤩 I think I've changed my mind. It'll look stunning on this watch.

René

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Rene,
to be honest I have admired from afar, it has great lines, but have not held one in person
would need to see how the light hits the dial to determine color choice
your 300 seems to show different colors in different light, is this one like that???
Greg
Yes, it is kinda like that, Greg.

While my 300MC can sometimes look blue in certain lighting conditions, the GM dial will range from chalky white, to silver, to what I'm calling Champagne. Some of the colours can be attributed to light conditions and angles, and other colours...like the Champagne...I think is a result of surrounding colours being reflected off the dial.

With that being said, it only appears to take on the hue of lighter coloured surroundings. For example, I haven't noticed any blues or reds affecting the dial enough to reflect those actual colours. I hope that makes sense!?

René

Reactions: 2premo and NMGE17

·
Registered
199 Posts
I also looked at the blue dial, but it was only after I was already enthralled with the white.

I can understand why you went blue. The white dial looks nice on a bracelet (mesh), but is very monochromatic. The blue plays nicely against the stainless steel. In my opinion the white will look best on straps...especially grey and brow alligator.

That's a beautiful watch, and it looks amazing paired with the shark mesh. Congratulations!!

I have to throw a pic in here;

View attachment 16367875

René
The white looks best with the original bracelet and straps. I’m thinking of letting go my Globemaster for another SMP. I’m not a suit and tie person now since my company went 90% remote and the Globemaster is much too dressy for me now.

Your photos of the white dial is so nice! great choice.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
The white looks best with the original bracelet and straps. I’m thinking of letting go my Globemaster for another SMP. I’m not a suit and tie person now since my company went 90% remote and the Globemaster is much too dressy for me now.

Your photos of the white dial is so nice! great choice.
It's funny that you should say that. Being too dressy was one of my minor concerns with this watch. I've never been a dress up kinda guy...weddings and funerals kinda thing.

After wearing it for about a day now I've put that concern to bed. Sure, it's only been a day, but with that issue I know fairy quickly if I made the right choice or not. I made the right choice.

René

Reactions: cybercat and NMGE17

·
Registered
12,745 Posts
Agreed! A grey suede would look outstanding.

I had earmarked as my first strap the oem grey alligator with deployant. However, when I was at the AD yesterday the SA showed me the brown alligator that comes on the silver dial GM annual calendar and I think I've changed my mind. It'll look stunning on this watch.

René
Yep brown will look amazing too. It’ll be a strap monster for sure

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
A very busy day for me, so not much time to post in my favourite thread. Needless to say, I'm wearing my silver dial Globemaster today. It feels good to finally say that.

View attachment 16366328

View attachment 16366329

View attachment 16366330

René
belated congrats for the new watch & birthday wishes. (y)🎂
looks very nice on your wrist. very clean layout & unclutered dial. the fluted bezel gives it a dressy look which makes it match well with your shirt & jacket ;)

I read some part of the "......An Eight horse race" thread so I now know what Tino was referring to in an earlier post....
Quite a work-out that was to short list the watches, try them out & finalize on just one.
For a "dark dial" guy you certainly did an about face.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

enjoy & wear it in good health....

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
worn several of my watches rotation.........
like this Benrus Type II re-issue for Beams department store:

Watch Analog watch Clock Font Watch accessory

of course the Speedy (not sure it was on a Tues tho')
Watch Analog watch White Light Silver

and my Christopher Ward C60 Elite 1000 --- thinking of selling this one to make room for possible new acquitions but cannot make up my mind. Ach!!
I really like the watch -- it;s certified chronometer & priced superbly by the manuf for being a chronometer. Grade 2 Titanium, so, very light on the wrist despite being a very thick watch. Not top heavy at all...
But if I get another watch, then, one watch needs to leave the collection --- trying my best to not grow the collection any more.....

Watch Analog watch Gesture Finger Watch accessory

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
belated congrats for the new watch & birthday wishes. (y)🎂
looks very nice on your wrist. very clean layout & unclutered dial. the fluted bezel gives it a dressy look which makes it match well with your shirt & jacket ;)

I read some part of the "......An Eight horse race" thread so I now know what Tino was referring to in an earlier post....
Quite a work-out that was to short list the watches, try them out & finalize on just one.
For a "dark dial" guy you certainly did an about face.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

enjoy & wear it in good health....
Thanks very much for the congratulations and the birthday wishes...and for your kind words.

If you're interested, I just wrapped up that thread with a looooooong post about my AD experience and why I chose the Globemaster.

Pour yourself a beverage and settle down for a little read if you're interested.

René

41 - 52 of 52 Posts