WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year, all! Twenty/twenty is behind us, but we’re not out of the woods yet. Hang in there, stay frosty.

Just got home from work, getting dinner prepped (well, my wife is, and I’m helping) and here’s a quick pic of today’s wristwatch, the late ‘60s Seiko Skyliner;

Back later with a pic of my new watch!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Happy New Year & glad to see your regular Friday thread back for 2021 Tino!
Looking forward to see what your 'new watch' is...

The weather has been feeling decidedly frosty where better half & I live, right on the seafront...

I wore my 42mm 2500 PO several days this week

Also wore the 36mm Everest -

Hope Sir Edmund & Norgay would approve of the newer 1960/70's SMITHS logo used; it's the same as on the instruments in my old 2nd-hand first car, and the gliders & De Havilland 'Chipmunk' planes that I learned to fly on in my teens as an air cadet. Brings back memories every time I see it...

Also this week wore my 1957 reissue Railmaster, day ...

... & night _ 🌙

Will continue with this on my wrist over the weekend
~ enjoy your weekends, & keep safe!

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
Last day of annual leave - back at work Monday. My New Years resolution is not to let work get to me as much - easier said than done.

Sold (pending final inspection) our VW Polo through an agent and spent the rest of the day relaxing as much as possible.

Plan seems to be working - sell the Polo during the crazy covid prices for maximum value - buy a fair deal replacement.

Did some research on a new set of tyres for our new (to me) Audi A3 sedan.

German flag badge isn't to show car is German, but my place of birth.

Wife and I went out to a nice sushi restaurant whilst our daughter is with her grandparents.

Right now - enjoying this Western Australian sunset

Then... rewatch a film I find to be a hoot

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Its strange seeing photos of people eating out. What weird times were living in. In the UK were now in the midst of another lockdown, almost a year after this virus reared its ugly head and its only just dawned on our government that it might be an idea to screen people entering the country! It seems eons ago that we could just walk into a bar and sit down for a beer. I guess im lucky that im still working and live in an area with lots of open space so it hasnt affected me too much. I did manage to bag a new watch a few hours before the lockdown was announced. Almost didnt bother to go out but went to stretch my legs and took a walk to town and got offered a nice deal on this. Whilst trying it on I got a ping on my phone that we were going into lockdown so the pros and cons of purchasing parameters got changed immediately and I bought it there and then. Stay safe folks. Happy New year to all and hope this Covid nonsense doest rumble on much longer

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Happy New Year to all - like Mr.T said, we're not out of the woods yet. On so many levels. Not just the virus. Six days in to the year we already know for a fact that 2021 will also have a permanent spot in the history book with the storming of the Capitol in Washington DC .....

Better to just talk watches (and new cars - congratulations @anonymousmoose). For New Year's eve I had picked up a dress watch and wore that one in to the weekend, except when I went out for a run or a ride on my motorbike. Didn't take a photo, so one of my "archive pics" will have to do:

Saturday night I switched over to one of my project watches ..... as I commented to one of the members here, I like this one in person even more than in the pics, excellent proportions for my wrist, good heft end remarkably well built / executed.

Wore this one also for my first day at work (actually in the office, I started while still on vacation ..... don't get me going on that, better to just talk watches) and then switched over to this:

Hope you all have a great Friday and even better weekend to follow. Stay healthy, stay safe, stay sane.

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
Its strange seeing photos of people eating out. What weird times were living in. In the UK were now in the midst of another lockdown, almost a year after this virus reared its ugly head and its only just dawned on our government that it might be an idea to screen people entering the country! It seems eons ago that we could just walk into a bar and sit down for a beer. I guess im lucky that im still working and live in an area with lots of open space so it hasnt affected me too much.
West Australia has a very tough premier when it comes to the virus. We lock our borders as soon as we hear of any covid community spread in other parts. When we did have the virus here come 200+ days ago, we all went into lockdown to eradicate the virus. Our risks now are the eastern states and international return trackers. We had quarantine breaches (some on purpose and some unintentional) lately and were lucky - so far the people impacted have no symptoms but it's early - they are all in quarantine.

Our state is worried today as Queensland has community transmission of the UK mutation and we've had about 7000 people from the come into WA recently.

Our primer urged us all to buy masks.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
West Australia has a very tough premier when it comes to the virus. We lock our borders we soon as we hear of any covid community spread in other parts. Our state is worried today as Queensland has community transmission of the UK mutation and we've had about 7000 people from the come into WA recently.

Our primer urged us all to buy masks.
In contrast, our prime minister is using a cardboard arrow pinned to a policy board that he spins every few days to see where the arrow lands. As a guide, its usually 2 days behind Scotland. His pub policy was genius. Excluding his "the pubs are open but you shouldn't go to them policy" his more recent version was you can go to the pub but you cant stand up to drink and you have to be eating as well. As the virus levels dropped in wave 1 he printed some more money to encourage everyone to go out to restaurants. At one point he said masks were a waste of time. For the first few weeks of wave 1, there were no checks on people coming into the uk at all. Dont get me started on his tier system. They were locking down hotspots so people were driving out of those hotspots into safer tiers to go to the pub as there were never any travel restrictions.

In contrast, a friend of mine lives in south korea. They had an outbreak in his city which has a massive population and they managed to snuff it out in a couple of weeks with a few simple policies. Now they have hardly any restrictions at all .

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Happy New Year, all! Twenty/twenty is behind us, but we’re not out of the woods yet. Hang in there, stay frosty.

Just got home from work, getting dinner prepped (well, my wife is, and I’m helping) and here’s a quick pic of today’s wristwatch, the late ‘60s Seiko Skyliner;

View attachment 15638956

Happy 2021 to you as well Tino! In my case had wore most of the week the Milgauss:

A little the Yachtmaster:

and also a couple of Casio GA-2100’s recently purchased, on which have done a few customizations by swaping parts among them (very easy to do):

I decided to sell the Pelagos and it’s on its way to his new home; bought another watch to replace it which has not arrive yet (due for delivery tomorrow) which am pretty sure you would like a lot Tino !

Happy weekend everyone and be safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
In contrast, a friend of mine lives in south korea. They had an outbreak in his city which has a massive population and they managed to snuff it out in a couple of weeks with a few simple policies. Now they have hardly any restrictions at all .
That's like us. Bad thing is everything is now so expansive. Cars and Omegas :) Heck we have a mini property boom!

·
Registered
9,418 Posts
Good to see you all posting guys despite the hardships for some. I haven’t worn a watch for nearly two weeks mostly spent sleeping. Thought it was just flu, but test said Covid and wife and two sons here too. In isolation until today at least depending which message from the government I go by. No mixing so no idea how it was caught, but got off very lightly compared to many others so not complaining, provided all four of us get no worse. So much for 2021 so far, but hopefully can only get better. Stay safe and well everyone and keep posting to keep spirits up.

HAGWE

Nigel

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Good to see you all posting guys despite the hardships for some. I haven’t worn a watch for nearly two weeks mostly spent sleeping. Thought it was just flu, but test said Covid and wife and two sons here too. In isolation until today at least depending which message from the government I go by. No mixing so no idea how it was caught, but got off very lightly compared to many others so not complaining, provided all four of us get no worse. So much for 2021 so far, but hopefully can only get better. Stay safe and well everyone and keep posting to keep spirits up.

HAGWE

Nigel
Sorry to hear Nigel, glad you are feeling better, hope you and your family health!

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
Good to see you all posting guys despite the hardships for some. I haven’t worn a watch for nearly two weeks mostly spent sleeping. Thought it was just flu, but test said Covid and wife and two sons here too.
Oh man, sorry to hear this. When I'm sick I don't give a hoot about Omega - and I'm often unwell.

I hope your ok, I can't afford to get covid in my condition - doctors say it could kill me.

·
Premium Member
2,131 Posts
Spectre this Friday!

·
Registered
12,216 Posts

View attachment 15638956

I’m still waiting to see your new watch Tino!! BB58 I’m hoping :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,216 Posts
Happy New Year & glad to see your regular Friday thread back for 2021 Tino!
Looking forward to see what your 'new watch' is...

The weather has been feeling decidedly frosty where better half & I live, right on the seafront...

I wore my 42mm 2500 PO several days this week

View attachment 15639081

Also wore the 36mm Everest -

View attachment 15639112

Hope Sir Edmund & Norgay would approve of the newer 1960/70's SMITHS logo used; it's the same as on the instruments in my old 2nd-hand first car, and the gliders & De Havilland 'Chipmunk' planes that I learned to fly on in my teens as an air cadet. Brings back memories every time I see it...

View attachment 15639113

Also this week wore my 1957 reissue Railmaster, day ...

View attachment 15639117

... & night _

View attachment 15639115

Will continue with this on my wrist over the weekend
~ enjoy your weekends, & keep safe!
Hey Will! I didn’t know you had an Everest! Is it the 36mm version? I’m trying to buy one, but time factors haven’t reopened yet so hopefully they will have some stock soon. Looks like a killer watch and great value for money too.

·
Registered
12,216 Posts
Happy 2021 to you as well Tino! In my case had wore most of the week the Milgauss:

A little the Yachtmaster:

and also a couple of Casio GA-2100’s recently purchased, on which have done a few customizations by swaping parts among them (very easy to do):

I decided to sell the Pelagos and it’s on its way to his new home; bought another watch to replace it which has not arrive yet (due for delivery tomorrow) which am pretty sure you would like a lot Tino !

Happy weekend everyone and be safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That Pelagius didn’t last long mate! Clue about the incoming?

·
Registered
12,216 Posts

HAGWE

Nigel
Hey Nigel. Sorry to hear you caught COVID. Hope it passes soon mate and you feel well enough to strap on your beloved PO

It seems so long since I had it.

·
Registered
12,216 Posts
All ok my end on the whole. Back in lockdown, but able to work so I’m thankful in that respect. The benefit of the lockdown is time to work on my watch channel and I’m now 6 videos in. Really enjoying the process and much more to come

Watch wise I’m still very much in love with the NTTD Seamaster.

I’ve worn the PO a bit, but now I’ve done my last video that I needed it for I’m very tempted to move it on.

I saw a BB58 in the metal just before lockdown and wow! I should’ve bought it, but spontaneous isn’t me in this current situation. Wears amazing at 39mm and what a strap whore it would be. Only downside is I fear it would kill the NTTD love.

I’m waiting to get a call for a Rolex Tiffany dial OP that has my name on it. I sense it’ll be a while though.

Lastly I’m on the hunt for a Smiths Everest in 36mm.

It’ll become my daily beater for work instead of my Apple Watch which will be used for workouts only.

Most importantly. Stay safe everyone. We’re on the home straight all being well

1 - 20 of 63 Posts