WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
12,216 Posts
Late evening arrival: Black BB58 is here!

Tino: Mine came from factory on the leather band / deployant too, but original owner ordered the steel bracelet so have both OEM bands (plus he also added the jubilee strapcode as well, so great to play Barbie ). Here is the combo:

and a quick picture on the steel OEM bracelet:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Huge congrats Francisco! Looks a great fit! I’m keen to hear your initial thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Late evening arrival: Black BB58 is here!

Tino: Mine came from factory on the leather band / deployant too, but original owner ordered the steel bracelet so have both OEM bands (plus he also added the jubilee strapcode as well, so great to play Barbie ). Here is the combo:

and a quick picture on the steel OEM bracelet:

Congrats on your newest acquisition, Francisco!!

As you're well aware, the BB Fifty Eight was on my shortlist of 8 for my next purchase. It didn't make my final cut, but it's a great watch nonetheless.

Enjoy your new BB, and wear it in the very best of health!

René

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Huge congrats Francisco! Looks a great fit! I’m keen to hear your initial thoughts.

Thanks Dan! Here a couple of daylight pictures on the Tudor SS bracelet:

and on an Omega barenia leather wore briefly last night before sizing the bracelet:

The Pelagos was cool but was a bit longer L-L than would have preferred and a lot thicker. The size of the BB58 is perfect in terms of length and thickness. I did not saw in the flesh one before buying this one and was afraid the gilt might be too loud but in reality in the flesh it looks sublime, not loud (read its actually rose gold and not yellow gold, think that helps to tone it down).

I considered the blue also but was not sure was going to like its color shade (plus already have a blue daydate and a blue YM), am glad went for the black. Have to later size the jubilee and also try its OEM brown band, think the watch is a strap monster!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Saying goodbye to an old mid-size companion today before it's posted off to it's new owner - one of the few divers that have actually been 30m down in the ocean with sharks (a Red Sea 'Shark Safari' off the coast of Sharm el Sheik in 2004 :)). Hasn't missed a beat in all these years, but my tastes have gravited towards 41mm SMP and the Speedmaster so time to say goodbye!

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Saying goodbye to an old mid-size companion today before it's posted off to it's new owner - one of the few divers that have actually been 30m down in the ocean with sharks (a Red Sea 'Shark Safari' off the coast of Sharm el Sheik in 2004 :)). Hasn't missed a beat in all these years, but my tastes have gravited towards 41mm SMP and the Speedmaster so time to say goodbye!
View attachment 15643786

View attachment 15643787
It sounds like it's served you well. I hope you've found it a good home!? All the best chasing your new targets.

René

·
Registered
12,216 Posts
You aren't well are helping haha! She looks gorgeous! The gold really sets it off nicely. Plenty going on, but subtle too.

Thanks Dan! Here a couple of daylight pictures on the Tudor SS bracelet:

and on an Omega barenia leather wore briefly last night before sizing the bracelet:

The Pelagos was cool but was a bit longer L-L than would have preferred and a lot thicker. The size of the BB58 is perfect in terms of length and thickness. I did not saw in the flesh one before buying this one and was afraid the gilt might be too loud but in reality in the flesh it looks sublime, not loud (read its actually rose gold and not yellow gold, think that helps to tone it down).

I considered the blue also but was not sure was going to like its color shade (plus already have a blue daydate and a blue YM), am glad went for the black. Have to later size the jubilee and also try its OEM brown band, think the watch is a strap monster!

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Congratulations Francisco!

Nigel
Thanks Nigel!

Congrats on your newest acquisition, Francisco!!

As you're well aware, the BB Fifty Eight was on my shortlist of 8 for my next purchase. It didn't make my final cut, but it's a great watch nonetheless.

Enjoy your new BB, and wear it in the very best of health!

René
Thanks René

Reactions: NMGE17

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Good to see you all posting guys despite the hardships for some. I haven’t worn a watch for nearly two weeks mostly spent sleeping. Thought it was just flu, but test said Covid and wife and two sons here too. In isolation until today at least depending which message from the government I go by. No mixing so no idea how it was caught, but got off very lightly compared to many others so not complaining, provided all four of us get no worse. So much for 2021 so far, but hopefully can only get better. Stay safe and well everyone and keep posting to keep spirits up.

HAGWE

Nigel
Hope you are all well again NIgel, my wife has caught it now. Like you, no idea how, only left the house 3 times this year on foot. She has been very ill for a week, hoping for improvement soon. No symptoms myself and tested negative twice which is in itself, unfathomable. After a week of nursing her though I feel it's inevitable. I just hope she recovers before it's my turn! Take it easy.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Hope you are all well again NIgel, my wife has caught it now. Like you, no idea how, only left the house 3 times this year on foot. She has been very ill for a week, hoping for improvement soon. No symptoms myself and tested negative twice which is in itself, unfathomable. After a week of nursing her though I feel it's inevitable. I just hope she recovers before it's my turn! Take it easy.
Sorry to hear about your wife's condition, Chris. Hopefully there'll be some improvement soon.

René

Reactions: fskywalker

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Sorry to hear that Chris, I hope your wife improves soon and you don’t succumb.

Nigel
Sorry to hear about your wife's condition, Chris. Hopefully there'll be some improvement soon.

René
Thank you both. She’s slowly improving but I seem to be ailing now unfortunately. Here’s hoping for the easy route out.

·
Registered
12,216 Posts
Thank you both. She’s slowly improving but I seem to be ailing now unfortunately. Here’s hoping for the easy route out.

Hey Chris. Glad to hear Tina is starting to improve. Hope you don’t get sick buddy. Keep on the fluids and rest lots.

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
That's not what I was hoping to read, Chris - hope Tina recovers quickly and completely and that you dodge the bullet.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts