WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Personally, I think I'm not a fan of this new-look WUS. I miss the Hybrid view, for one thing, and I'm not crazy about all the empty space to the right of the screen.

Anyway, now that that's off my chest, Here are the watches I've worn this week.

Started the week with the Oris Divers SixtyFive with blue and black dial. Not that you can tell from the photo;

Switched to the Sub 5513 next day;

Wednesday night's Dry Martini packed a punch. All this Chandler that I'm reading lately has me running my house like a speakeasy! I wore the Seiko SARB033;

Still had the Seiko on next day;

Switched to the Hamilton Khaki Auto for Thursday;

And wore it to work today before getting home and switching to an Omega, the 36.2mm Railmaster;

We've had a serious spike in Covid-19 cases in my neck of the woods in recent weeks. Seven hundred and twenty-three new cases yesterday (a grim new record) and 627 cases today. We're all meant to be wearing masks in public, but there are still a few people out there who aren't following the rules. One lady last week was stopped at a hardware store because she wasn't wearing a mask and she got into some BS argument with staff and management about the infringement to her human rights, etc, etc. Just put a friggin' mask on, lady. Google "Bunnings Karen" to get an overview of the story. If you can be bothered. I know I can't.

I hope you're all taking care of yourselves, folks. This looks like it's gonna drag out for quite some time.

Chin up, keep calm and carry on, and all that. 馃憤

Watch you wearing, anyway?

Registered
Hey Teeritz, you beat me to the punch on the Friday thread, so thought I鈥檇 share my recent acquisition on here. I note you鈥檝e never been down the Panerai route - doesn鈥檛 tempt you?

Masks have been compulsory in shops here as of last week some time - I must admit I鈥檝e forgotten mine a few times, and had to wrap a handkerchief round my face - good look!

Hope you鈥檙e well T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
This. Bet this won't come as any surprise to you guys?! :) Have an awesome weekend, fellas. (y)

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Teeritz, you beat me to the punch on the Friday thread, so thought I鈥檇 share my recent acquisition on here. I note you鈥檝e never been down the Panerai route - doesn鈥檛 tempt you?
Hey, calv1n, hope you're well! Long time between drinks. For you and this forum, that is. I'VE been drinking since 6:00pm. Only 2 G&Ts, to take the edge off the week.
And yes, these double-up Friday Threads tend to happen every now and then. Great minds think alike, as they say.

RE; Panerai, I've always been a fan of them, but have held off for a couple of reasons, which aren't very solid reasons at all, really. Firstly. 44mm watch vs my 6.5 inch wrist. I used to have a 44mm Hamilton Khaki Officer's Mechanical;

And it absolutely dwarfed my wrist, so I sold it and replaced it with the 40mm Khaki. However...if that's the look that I'm going for, then the ONLY watch that I think could pull it off would be a Panerai. Specifically a Luminor Marina, preferably with the logo dial;

I'd stand a better chance wearing something like this. It's the short lugs, you see. They make for a better fit on a small wrist. Sure, it will still look large on me, but come on, it's a Panerai!
And I'd be happy with the pre-in-house movement model. A simple Unitas 6498 calibre means that any watchmaker over 40 will be able to service it.

The second reason that's stopped me from buying one is the price. Yep, not overly expensive, probably around $5500-$6500 AUD for one in decent shape, but there's always some other watch on the horizon that gets in ahead of a Pammy. Still, one day.
So basically, That's it. Always been tempted, but other watches are ahead in the queue. And I think I'd have to thin out the collection a little first, too.
No other brand comes close to making such an iconic design in that size. And who doesn't love a Radiomir? Nice one you have.

Masks have been compulsory in shops here as of last week some time - I must admit I鈥檝e forgotten mine a few times, and had to wrap a handkerchief round my face - good look!

Hope you鈥檙e well T

Yes, I stepped out of the office yesterday to go get a coffee and got halfway to the cafe when I realised I didn't have the mask on. To play it safe, I now have a folded bandana in my back pocket. Yes, it might make me look like a train robber in Abilene, but it'll do the trick.

Stay safe!

Registered
Personally, I think I'm not a fan of this new-look WUS. I miss the Hybrid view, for one thing, and I'm not crazy about all the empty space to the right of the screen.

Anyway, now that that's off my chest, Here are the watches I've worn this week.

Started the week with the Oris Divers SixtyFive with blue and black dial. Not that you can tell from the photo;

View attachment 15373459

Switched to the Sub 5513 next day;

View attachment 15373497

Wednesday night's Dry Martini packed a punch. All this Chandler that I'm reading lately has me running my house like a speakeasy! I wore the Seiko SARB033;

View attachment 15373468

Still had the Seiko on next day;

View attachment 15373472

Switched to the Hamilton Khaki Auto for Thursday;

View attachment 15373474

And wore it to work today before getting home and switching to an Omega, the 36.2mm Railmaster;

View attachment 15373476

We've had a serious spike in Covid-19 cases in my neck of the woods in recent weeks. Seven hundred and twenty-three new cases yesterday (a grim new record) and 627 cases today. We're all meant to be wearing masks in public, but there are still a few people out there who aren't following the rules. One lady last week was stopped at a hardware store because she wasn't wearing a mask and she got into some BS argument with staff and management about the infringement to her human rights, etc, etc. Just put a friggin' mask on, lady. Google "Bunnings Karen" to get an overview of the story. If you can be bothered. I know I can't.

I hope you're all taking care of yourselves, folks. This looks like it's gonna drag out for quite some time.

Chin up, keep calm and carry on, and all that.

Watch you wearing, anyway?
Nice as always Tino!

This week work from home (again!) and was mostly dominated by the now blue Rolex Yachtmaster 16622:

with some short appearances by the Omega Seamaster SMP 150th Ti 2232.30:

and the Omega Planet Ocean 2201.51:

Happy weekend everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Registered
@fskywalker -- your Seamaster and Yachtmaster really complement each other... WG bezel brothers from different brands!
Thanks Jetguy87 ! Actually the bezel of the Yachtmaster is platinum versus WG on the Seamaster but agree they have very similar looking bezels

Registered
Thanks Jetguy87 ! Actually the bezel of the Yachtmaster is platinum versus WG on the Seamaster but agree they have very similar looking bezels
Oof! :oops: I should have known better... still, as you say, the point stands. Also love that modded PO with the ceramic bezel -- best of both worlds, with the 2500 case size, but 8500 insert.

Registered
Hi guys, great pics again this week!
... but not from me I'm afraid; have to hurry this - suddenly need to rush out & grab dinner...
Apologies also as pics impromptu, most with phone - & 2 of the watches grubby & dusty :

Last weekend started with the new-to-me Seiko SBGX093.

Something I hadn't expected is how stunningly easy the lume is to read, both in absolute darkness or dim light with refelctions from the zaratsu polished hands & indices...

Changed to MK II Kingston later on Saturday

Midweek was the 42mm 2500 first generation Planet Ocean ...

- and have been wearing my 2503 Railmaster since yesterday, including a for a scrumptious Shanghainese lunch a few hours ago...

Need to fly now, enjoy your weekends, & stay safe!

Attachments

Registered
Oof! :oops: I should have known better... still, as you say, the point stands. Also love that modded PO with the ceramic bezel -- best of both worlds, with the 2500 case size, but 8500 insert.
Thanks! The ceramic (liquid metal) bezel assembly is from the 2500 limited edition Planet Ocean. The one from the 8500 PO series should also fit (so I read), would be even nicier as that one is matte black and would probably better match the matte dial of the watch

Reactions: Jetguy87

Registered
I've said it before and repeat it again, Francisco, I like your Yachtmaster much better in blue (as you do, obviously). That was a great dial swap.

The week felt extremely long and was tough. Didn't help that my intermittent insomnia kicked in to full gear, leaving me exhausted to the point of having to take a vacation day today. Hope I will fare better this weekend and get some much needed rest. I went for a midnight run (courtesy before mentioned insomnia) leaving Tuesday, returning on Wednesday :ROFLMAO: and while out, my life's odometer changed 2 digits at the same time.

Regulars will already have concluded that I did wear my Garmin Forerunner 225. At day time I wore, uncharacteristically, 3 watches this week, the 39 mm Railmaster, the Seamaster that is not, MKII's Project 300 and the 2012 WUS CMW Project watch - we set out to create a Compressor but participants balked at the price, so ended up with a nice looking dual-crown watch that looks like a diver, but is not.

As random as the choice of these may seem, in my head, there is a "theme" that connects one to the next .... it's not what keeps me up, the things we think when laying awake

Registered
Thanks! The ceramic (liquid metal) bezel assembly is from the 2500 limited edition Planet Ocean. The one from the 8500 PO series should also fit (so I read), would be even nicier as that one is matte black and would probably better match the matte dial of the watch
Gotcha -- I had heard the same re: the 8500 insert; that and the slightly matte appearance in your photo was what led me to think that it was that insert, rather than the PO LM LE.

Registered
Tino, it's remarkable how ignorant some folks can be during this time when more than perhaps ever before in their life times, they should be thinking more of others, rather than just themselves, for the good of everyone.

I started the weekend with my Tudor GMT. Came out on a nice long bike ride with me and the wife.

By the middle of week, the 2531 Bond mixed things up a bit. I like the 90's flavour of this one. This model started my journey into fine wrist watches, back in the day.

For the greater part of the week, I wore the Navitimer. As others have noted before me, this dial is 'busy, done right', and I agree.

Today's choice, the TT SMPmc. I don't wear this enough, but do enjoy it when I do.

Have a great weekend, all, and stay healthy.

JP

Registered
Haven鈥檛 been wearing watches lately. I鈥檝e never been one to wear watches at home much and seems I鈥檓 at home a lot these days.

I think you are right Tino this is going to drag on a while.

Feeling very blessed that my family is navigating along. Two young boys makes for a lot of work keeping them engaged with school work. But we are having a lot of fun too.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts