WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Glad this week's over. I ran like a cut cat today. Managed to get through eleven repair quotations. In a perfect world, these would take about fifteen to twenty minutes each. However, between phone calls, e-mails and BS distractions from my co-workers, it took me through to around 2:00pm to get them done.
Anyhow, a Bacardi & Coke (with half a lemon squeezed and dropped into it) has taken the edge off the day.

Started the week with the Railmaster;

IMG_4938-copy bw.jpg

Switched to the Oris Divers SixtyFive after that. Our coffee machine needed to be serviced. It was gone for a day and a half. My wife and I were tearing our hair out by the time it was ready to pick up from the repairers;

IMG_4945.jpg

Over to the '82 Submariner 5513 yesterday;

IMG_4960.jpg

And wore it to work today too;

IMG_4966.jpg

Looks like there have been considerably more Covid-19 outbreaks in my home town in recent weeks. Government is considering re-implementing strict lock-downs again. Toilet paper shortages and rationing in supermarkets again. Looks like nobody learned anything from the first outbreak.
Call me cynical. Must be all those hard-boiled detective novels and film noir that I devoured back in my twenties.

Hope you've all had a good week. Wash your hands, keep your distances, stay safe, watch you wearing?

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
Nice shots as always Tino

I was in vacations this week (nothing fancy about it as still mostly confined home due to COVID-19 curfew, just going out for food and other essentials); finally sent out this week to my watchmen the Planet Ocean to get the dial swapped and the Seamaster 150th Ti for a routine servicing, should be back in about 2 weeks:

The “new” Yachtmaster has been wore most of the week (mostly home) on different bracelets, really a versatile piece that can be dressed up or down:

Also the Iwatch 3 had some wrist time this week as my companion to some ocassional adventures into the wild:

Happy weekend everyone and be safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
909 Posts
'
Friday again! Great pics all!

Nice rest from the unpacking and sorting this week due to Father's Day over the weekend (other half’s father) and Dragon Boat Festival public holiday yesterday.

Only had time for the RM 2503 again this week, others yet to be unpacked, so I've tried to catch it in a couple of different scenarios in an attempt to lesssen the monotony of my pics …

Have been keeping on trying for the elusive pocket shot, so far not given in & asked my wife for a hand (she's a far better photographer than I'll ever be), though any improvement I've made is almost indiscernible…

DSC06072A.jpg

Popped downstairs to the coffee roastery in the building (next to the Japanese restaurant) early week for some more beans and a brew or 2 as they have just re-opened their upstairs lounge after lockdown

DSC06111A.jpg

I fancied a change from the bracelet by the weekend, so RM is back onto a waterproof leather Di Modell Rallye for ease of hand-washing & showers etc.

DSC06126SmA.jpg

Brewed a couple of cups with the new beans this afternoon as it’s now about a week since the were roasted...

DSC06138A.jpg

DSC06144A.jpg

DSC06157A.jpg

Really hit the sweet spot again ' :-!

Will continue with the Railmaster over the weekend, enjoy yours!
'

·
Registered
9,440 Posts
Looks like there have been considerably more Covid-19 outbreaks in my home town in recent weeks. Government is considering re-implementing strict lock-downs again. Toilet paper shortages and rationing in supermarkets again. Looks like nobody learned anything from the first outbreak.
Call me cynical. Must be all those hard-boiled detective novels and film noir that I devoured back in my twenties.

Hope you've all had a good week. Wash your hands, keep your distances, stay safe, watch you wearing?
Lucky here in WA we have it good. I heard over where you are, it started with people celebrating family festivals and not adhering to social distancing. But we can't trust the media.

I hope our premiere keeps the border closed.

We have a family member flying home through Sydney. 2 weeks in a hotel. She's been through the worst of it in Beijing, Australian hotel will hopefully be a luxury.

I'm back to the office week after next. Wanted it to be sooner but 'no'

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I too was sad to see headlines like "panic buying returns". But then we all knew the second wave was coming.

I've been fantasizing this Friday evening about a potential 2 watch collection, and these 2 could absolutely complete me (fuzzy pics, my old Galaxy S3 has a hard time focusing these days).

om1.jpg

om2.jpg

As always - have a great weekend all, whatever you happen to be doing!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
.. View attachment 15246795

Popped downstairs to the coffee roastery in the building (next to the Japanese restaurant)...
Now you're just rubbing it in man - a Japanese restaurant, AND a coffee roastery downstairs, I wanna be where you are!

...It's been an IWC week for me

Awesome to see you're still loving the 3717 Sven, that is a reference high on my list!

Luck her in WA we have it good. I heard over where you are, it started with people celebrating family festivals and not adhering to social distancing. But we can't trust the media.

I hope our premiere keeps the border closed.

We have a family member flying home through Sydney. 2 weeks in a hotel. She's been through the worst of it in Beijing, Australian hotel will hopefully be a luxury.

I'm back to the office week after next. Wanted it to be sooner but 'no'
One of the few advantages of living in one of the most isolated cities on Earth I'd say.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Rehashing the discussion from a few Fridays ago, for the benefit of this thread I define the start of my week immediately following the WRUW thread / on Saturday. And with that, it has been a 2-watch week for me (note that I do not count my Garmin Forerunner 225 running watch that I wear almost daily for an hour or so). And with the two that I picked, I also wore the bookends of my collection:

The Seiko SNX431K is about the lightest, smallest and cheapest watch that I own (Minerva Pythagore is a contender for minimum size and weight, but not minimum price)

119F2B57-9B56-4816-8477-AA316B919291_1_201_a.jpeg

whereas the IWC Portuguese (7 day) Automatic is about the largest heaviest and most expensive piece (steel PloProf* on mesh and SUB600T-Graph on bracelet are slightly larger, definitely heavier but their combined price is still less than the IWC)

DC42A707-0596-4DF6-9A30-A0F746574A68_1_201_a.jpeg

* not part of the rotation, still BNIB - need to make up my mind and decide to wear it or sell it (holds true for quite a few pieces in my collection)

/RantOn
Don't get me going on the Covid-19 situation and drama. Texas has seen record-braking numbers 3 days in a row and the situation in the metropolitan areas are alarming. None of this comes as a surprise to me. I have no crystal ball and no other information than officials do. But I may look differently at the information: take the numbers, integration (summation) gives totals / cumulative values. First and second derivatives give grow rate and acceleration (or slow down) respectively. We live in Space City, but this is not Rocket Science. Simple high school math. Which leads me to conclude that politicians in general have either not attended high school or slept through high school, which disqualifies them for their jobs. We now see the results of that.
Things are far worse now than when Texas (first) shut down, yet the politicians argue why there is no need for a second closure. With these very same arguments, one can argue why was there a first closure. They set clear rules for reopening: 2 weeks of a declining trend (negative first derivative of the numbers vs time). Never seen the first derivative go negative - it did approach zero, but never below. With that, we're not seeing the 2nd wave as many like to say / defend - we never got out of the first one
Add to that the fact that many people are ignorant and selfish, add lock-down and social-distancing fatigue and voila, recipe for disaster.
/RantOff

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
I agree a high risk we in the UK will have an ‘uptick’ (don’t get me started) in Covid cases after the way some people have responded to the relaxation of the lock down.

Another long, manic week at work with no break or holiday in the near future. Hey ho I’m busy and earning so shouldn’t complain. I tend to think of my week for this thread as my working week Monday to Friday so I started the week with my Bond GMT and finished with the PO

CDE150A8-6117-4AB8-991D-848F9EC3FEC6.jpeg

It’s been sunny and hot through the week and wet and windy for the weekend - superb! Still at home with my family so we will enjoy the time together.

HAGWE

Nigel

·
Registered
31 Posts

I was anticipating the arrival of my new (to me) X33 skywalker by Thursday, but the USPS can’t locate it exactly and told me I’d have to wait for “a while”. So I’ll live with this one today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice one .. .was about ot buy it in Orange color 4/5 years ago but finally went for a CK2998 LE for my first (and only for now) Omega... this one, on its freshly received Uncle Seiko US1171 bracelet :

IMG_5805.jpg

·
Registered
11,473 Posts
Some great watches and photos again this week chaps. I always look forward to reading your weekly recaps. It’s a welcome distraction to the current way this world is going. I hope things get sorted down under Tino. The U.K. seems to be heading the same way sadly :-(

On a happier note I got to visit a local AD yesterday. My intention was to choose between a Rolex OP or a 36mm DJ. The OP was dull, boring and totally uninspiring. The DJ was beautiful but way too dressy for me :-( Oh well I did try.

Then the manager brought out this one below. Well I never! In the metal it blew me away. I won’t blab on but I’m very very tempted.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
After working Monday through Friday for many, many years, I'm still finding it hard to adjust to my new Sunday through Thursday work schedule. One good thing about the new schedule is that the weeks seem to be going by faster. Is that a good thing??

Anyway, I started my work week with the Speedy;

20200621_093624_1593220649944.jpg

On Monday I went with the 60th Anniversary Railmaster;

20200622_075813_1593220668724.jpg

Tuesdays are reserved for The Legend;

20200623_093238_1593220698116.jpg

Wednesday was a very busy day for me, but I still made plenty of time to admire my Seamaster 300MC on the DeGriff leather NATO. Even my sister, who's not really a watch person (I'm trying to change that, and its5 slowly working.) commented on it..."Is that a new strap? That looks really good!".

20200624_115140_1593220736879.jpg

Back to the Railmaster on Thursday;

20200625_075754_1593220755120.jpg

I usually only wear one watch per day. That is, unless I'm wearing one on each wrist, which has been known to happen. However, today I started with the 300MC;

20200626_173741_1593220790718.jpg

and then changed to the Speedy Pro;

20200626_181338_1593220809921.jpg

I hope things start to turn around soon for you folks in Aus, Tino. The same goes for all countries having a hard go of it. Keep your nose to the grindstone. Continue to wash those hands, and go beyond what's mandated by authorities where safety is concerned.

Have a good weekend, everyone!!

René

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
On a happier note I got to visit a local AD yesterday. My intention was to choose between a Rolex OP or a 36mm DJ. The OP was dull, boring and totally uninspiring. The DJ was beautiful but way too dressy for me :-( Oh well I did try.

Hi Dan,

I haven't made it out to my AD yet (hoping to get there tomorrow) to check out the OP. If it's not too much trouble, would you mind dropping your thoughts on both the OP and the DJ in the thread I started about picking my next watch? If you could be specific about exactly which model of each you tried on that would be great. I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers,

Rene

*I will find the thread and bump it to the top so it's easy for you to find.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts