WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This has been a fulfilling week for me, work-wise. We've been back in the office for two weeks and I've managed to just about fully tackle work that mounted up while our office was closed for nine weeks during lock-down.

So, after this post, it will be Cocktail Hour;

INT. TEERITZ CLAN'S KITCHEN -- EVENING

Teeritz's daughter sits at the kitchen table flipping her thumb across her iPhone's screen. Mrs Teeritz is reading some notes for her course while Teeritz stands at the kitchen countertop, a bag of shredded cheese in his hand.

TEERITZ
Okay, I'm gonna have a pizza and then
it's Martini Night.

MRS.TEERITZ
Are you mixing them up for all of us,
are you?

TEERITZ
Well I would, but I don't have a
bar in this house.

MRS.TEERITZ
Ooh, First World Problem. "Oh, I
don't have a bar in my house!"

Anyway, I started the week still with the SM300;

Dammit, I think my wrists are down to 6.3 inches at the moment. Gotta do something about that.

Over to the Seiko SARB033 after that;

Punches above its weight, that one. Over to the Oris Movember Edition Divers SixtyFive next day, when this circa 1964 Minox B subminiature camera arrived. Got no use for it besides the fact that it will look nice next to my spy fiction bookshelf. Unless I have to come out of retirement and slip through the Iron Curtain to get some evidence of Russian rocket technology that could put them on the moon before the US.

This finally arrived today;

Not the camera, the viewfinder. I've had this circa 1969 Nikon F Photomic since 1992. Bought it off a friend of mine who then asked to borrow it a month later and then kept it for almost a year. The weasel.
Anyway, off came the heavy photomic finder and on went the lighter one. This is one heavy camera, so anything I can do to make it a little lighter.

And I figured it was as good a time as any to slip the Speedy over my knuckles.

Well, I got two out of six of them. Good enough. Although, back in 1995, an old gent who used to come into the cafe that I worked at offered me a Flightmaster chrono for $300AUD. Back then, they were selling on the second-hand market for around $1800.oo. I knew that three hundred bucks was a super-good price, but I was a waiter and didn't have two cents to rub together.
Besides, in 1995, I had a TAG Heuer 1000 series;

Which I sold a year later when I got myself a Breitling Shark Chronograph;

Pics courtesy of catawiki.com

Probably should have kept that one.

Ahh, well, hindsight and all that.

Thanks, stay safe, have a good weekend!

Watch are you wearing?

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Nice as always Tino!

Still working from home; this week started with the Sinn Isetan 356, which is now on barenia leather:

followed by the Yachtmaster, which is still on a Rubber B band:

Recently bought an used, 1st generation 2 liner ETA movement Tudor Pelagos, but had to return it as was condensating on the inner side of the crystal:

Then found a good deal on this mint 4 month old LHD, which since its arrival has taken the central stage:

The Pelagos, as said by many, is trully a tool watch and has many things that am liking lately on sport watches:

1- Matte dial
2- Matte ceramic bezel
3- Micro adjustment on clasp
4- Amazing lume on dial and bezel
5- Titanium construction.

The red ascents on the dial and roulette date wheel, plus the fauxtina look (which are exclusive of the lefty version) are frosting on the cake! Am right handed but am ok with wearing the LHD on my left arm; having the crown on the opposite side of the case is cool, makes it different and probably would be something that could draw attention (hopefully in a good way !!) if spoted by another WIS in the wild.

P.D. I know it still has a sticker on the crown side on the pictures above lol, has already been removed!

Happy weekend everyone!

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Nice pics as always, gents, and I hope that the first world problems are solved by now, Tino.

Finally a long weekend off after six days of work, two of them late shIfts until midnight.

Today is my daughter’s big day, her 18th birthday. Gifts included the Nomos Orion she chose but she didn‘t know that I then had an engraving added on the caseback. She was thrilled and I think it looks fantastic on her. It is much smaller on the wrist in reality than the pic suggests.

Tomorrow is her big moving day to the city where she will be going to uni. The excitement is growing and she is really looking forward to her new life. I am very happy for her but also hope that we can avoid a lockdown here because that would really complicate her start.
Anyway, for the move I will be wearing my usual one which is still on the Nato.

Have a great weekend, all

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Nice pics as always, gents, and I hope that the first world problems are solved by now, Tino.

Finally a long weekend off after six days of work, two of them late shIfts until midnight.

Today is my daughter’s big day, her 18th birthday. Gifts included the Nomos Orion she chose but she didn‘t know that I then had an engraving added on the caseback. She was thrilled and I think it looks fantastic on her.

View attachment 15502216

Tomorrow is her big moving day to the city where she will be going to uni. The excitement is growing and she is really looking forward to her new life. I am very happy for her but also hope that we can avoid a lockdown here because that would really complicate her start.

View attachment 15502217

Congratulations 🎊

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
It's been a long week, not my best one .... let's sum it up with "challenges at work". Of the human nature. The technical challenges don't faze me, in fact they get me up earlier and stay later. But people ..... Coming home to an empty house, no one to talk to, doesn't help matters much.

Carried over last week's watch and my Sunday watch - I was just too drained (for lack of a better word) to think about "what else to wear?". Next week should be better and see different watches. Ah, a refreshing cool front blew in around midnight and also brought some much needed rain. Temperature dropped about 30 degrees (F that is).

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's been a long week, not my best one .... let's sum it up with "challenges at work". Of the human nature. The technical challenges don't faze me, in fact they get me up earlier and stay later. But people ..... Coming home to an empty house, no one to talk to, doesn't help matters much.
Ah, yes, the human challenges. One guy in my office, who's been miserable since day one, but refuses to look for another job and prefers to complain all day long, said to me the other day, in front of the boss;

"Did you order some wooden boxes a few months ago? Two of them? Because we already had some here."

"A few MONTHS ago? I don't think so. I'll check my emails."

I checked through my emails and found an order for wooden boxes from back in March...2019.
This guy has a habit of making damaging comments whenever the boss is within ear-shot, in an attempt at character assassination. It's an old workplace tactic.
I arranged and labeled the shelves where all the watch boxes are stored and I knew that we've had wooden boxes in stock for over two years, so there would have been no reason for me to order any more wooden boxes from overseas.
I have my performance review next month and I'll give the boss a short list of other instances where this guy has made comments designed to undermine me. The fellow doesn't have a leg to stand on and he is quite petulant when I call him out on his poor behaviour.
Sadly, though, I'm fairly to very certain that this guy won't be spoken to about this.

These days, I try not to let crap like this bother me once I get in my car at the end of the day, but some days, it's a little harder to shake this stuff off.

A friend of mine said to me sometime back around 1985; "There's too many idiots in this world."

The trick is not to surround yourself with them. Jerks exist to remind us not to be like them.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts

Today is my daughter’s big day, her 18th birthday. Gifts included the Nomos Orion she chose but she didn‘t know that I then had an engraving added on the caseback. She was thrilled and I think it looks fantastic on her.

View attachment 15502216

View attachment 15502217

Congrats to your daughter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I attempted to do this while simultaneously preparing dinner - at least the meal turned out OK...

Started off this week wearing my 1st generation 42mm 2500 PO, now back on its bracelet.
Monday was another trip to Ω on the dark side (across the harbour to Kowloon, & actually it was very sunny)
pls. excuse quick phone snaps -

Wore the solar-powered radio-controlled Seiko Spirit SBTM159 while taking care of stuff at home again most of this week, it received signals and re-calibrated itself overnight 3 times so far this week (though as far as I can see it never lost nor gained any time in between) :

I wore my 2503.52 Railmaster for another appointment across the water today ...

Bright & sunny again but not as hot as it's been, then started clouding over & getting dark earlier ...

Think the long summer's finally coming to a close here. Not sure what I'll be wearing for the weekend yet.
Enjoy yours whichever watch you wear, & stay safe!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts