WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
12,013 Posts
Thanks Tino for getting us started once again, and congratulations to you and your daughter, John.

Canadian Thanksgiving was on the 12th, so that meant a long weekend for me. Not too fond of long weekends myself. Short work week, but no less work to be done. Anyway, one of the benefits of working on Sunday was receiving a gift of appreciation;

View attachment 15503700

...the cologne and the tequila, not the watch.

Very busy day visiting with my parents and close family on Thanksgiving Monday. So busy I didn't even take a picture for this thread. I wore the SM300MC, so I'll post this older picture instead;

View attachment 15503702

Tuesday it was back to work and time to play catch up. It's a good thing I was accompanied by my Speedmaster;

View attachment 15503701

We managed to steal a beautiful day on Wednesday. Days are slowly getting shorter here. The rains are starting and the temperature is dropping. I managed to capture the Railmaster in some glorious sunshine;

View attachment 15503706

Thursday was my last work day of the week. I had a lot to get done before leaving for the weekend, but got it all done with the help of the Seamaster 300MC;

View attachment 15503710

Friday...no rest for the wicked. Spent most of the day doing housework. Now I'm visiting with my parents. We just enjoyed some of our usual Friday fare...fish and chips. Wearing the Speedy today;

View attachment 15503713

Have a great weekend gentlemen...and ladies, of course.

René
Beautiful shot of the RM René. Hope the fish and chips were great! I could smash some of that right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Beautiful shot of the RM René. Hope the fish and chips were great! I could smash some of that right now!

Thanks Dan! I find it photographs much better on a strap then on the bracelet ( ;) Tino is cringing😂).

The meal was amazing! Two nice pieces of halibut and some chips...delish!

Rene

Reactions: fskywalker

·
Registered
12,013 Posts
Thanks Dan! I find it photographs much better on a strap then on the bracelet ( ;) Tino is cringing).

The meal was amazing! Two nice pieces of halibut and some chips...delish!

Rene
Yep the bracelet has so much shine that it takes away the focus from the dial. Saw goes for the 300 MC IMHO.

Wow Halibut. Very nice fish! Living the dream my friend

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Yep the bracelet has so much shine that it takes away the focus from the dial. Saw goes for the 300 MC IMHO.

Wow Halibut. Very nice fish! Living the dream my friend

I agree that the 300MC has the same affliction, but IMO to a lesser degree. I think the grey dial of the Railmaster really gets washed out by the shine of the bracelet, whereas the black dial of the 300 tends to stand up better. All that being said, the 300 still photographs better on a contrasting band.

Rene

Reactions: solesman

·
Registered
12,013 Posts
Totally agree on all counts. Love the photos of your 300 on strap.

·
Registered
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Thanks Dan! I find it photographs much better on a strap then on the bracelet ( ;) Tino is cringing😂)
Rene
Tino is vomiting is more like it.

It's now almost 4:eek:opm Sunday afternoon. Might as well throw up (get it?) a pic of the watch I'm wearing now. Pic from the archive;

Have a good rest-of-the-weekend, René.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Tino is vomiting is more like it.

It's now almost 4:eek:opm Sunday afternoon. Might as well throw up (get it?) a pic of the watch I'm wearing now. Pic from the archive;

View attachment 15505355

Have a good rest-of-the-weekend, René.
Haha...well done!! I thought that might get a rise out of you.:)

Great picture by the way! That lighting sets a nice mood. And glad to see you still haven't lit that cigarette.

Enjoy what's left of yours as well, Tino.

Rene

ps. Is it acceptable these days to begin a sentence with, "And..."? Or is that still considered a no-no?

·
Registered
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Haha...well done!! I thought that might get a rise out of you.:)

Great picture by the way! That lighting sets a nice mood. And glad to see you still haven't lit that cigarette.

Enjoy what's left of yours as well, Tino.

Rene

ps. Is it acceptable these days to begin a sentence with, "And..."? Or is that still considered a no-no?
Unfortunately, I've lit a few cigarettes on and off since that picture was taken. I'm currently 'off' at the moment. For good this time, fingers crossed. Must say the cravings are less and less these days. All it takes, though, is one bad day at work and then the urge gets strong, but the trick (for me, anyway) is to get busy doing something and the urge passes after a few minutes.

And yes, I'm pretty sure it's still a no-no to begin a sentence with 'and'. (Here comes another one -->) But there are far worse grammatical and spelling transgressions polluting internet forums then* that one. ;-)

*Made me sick using that word there.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Thanks for all the kind comments, guys, much appreciated. The kid has been delivered to her new home, rental van returned, and in an hour I will hop on a train back home.

Tino/Rene: can we perhaps add the word „so“ as a no-go to start a sentence?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
At least people tend not to add err, umm and like to text as much as they do to speaking. I’d have another few days on the planet if I got back the time from conversations wasted with those wasted noises.

Nigel
Amen to that, Nigel!!

Rene

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Unfortunately, I've lit a few cigarettes on and off since that picture was taken. I'm currently 'off' at the moment. For good this time, fingers crossed. Must say the cravings are less and less these days. All it takes, though, is one bad day at work and then the urge gets strong, but the trick (for me, anyway) is to get busy doing something and the urge passes after a few minutes.

And yes, I'm pretty sure it's still a no-no to begin a sentence with 'and'. (Here comes another one -->) But there are far worse grammatical and spelling transgressions polluting internet forums then* that one. ;-)

*Made me sick using that word there.
I gave up smoking, it must be about 20 years ago now. One day I decided I'd had enough (there's more to the story than that, but I'll spare you the details) and I quit, cold turkey. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't easy, but I can tell you the cravings do subside. Hang in there, my friend.

Rene

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I'm currently 'off' at the moment. For good this time, fingers crossed. Must say the cravings are less and less these days
(snip) Don't get me wrong, it wasn't easy, but I can tell you the cravings do subside. Hang in there, my friend.
Rene
Likewise. I gave up smoking 16 years 8 months ago (the day after a birthday). Have had absolutely no desire to smoke again for at least 15 years.

Booze-wise, I gave up 2 years 8 months ago, the day after another birthday. Apart from on a big meal & night out with my youngest brother & his colleagues when they visited Hong Kong just a few weeks later (where they indulged while I struggled, but in the end managed to resist), I've not had any cravings since.

God luck & fingers crossed!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
After smoking for the better part of 40 years I made an easy transition to vaping a few years ago and am pretty proud to be at the lowest nicotine level of 3. I guess I am fine given that I can still run a marathon in a decent time (for my age)

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
After smoking for the better part of 40 years I made an easy transition to vaping a few years ago and am pretty proud to be at the lowest nicotine level of 3. I guess I am fine given that I can still run a marathon in a decent time (for my age)
I quit smoking cigarettes 43 years ago, still enjoy my cigars, they are different, only hand rolled thank you, only boutique brands thank you, but as a truly natural product they don't carry the cigarette addiction

BBF68C4C-346E-4789-9C6A-1A17E17F0A1B.jpeg

·
Registered
12,013 Posts
I quit smoking 11 years, 4 months and 11 days ago. Like Rene, I woke up one day and had decided that enough was enough. I went cold turkey and to this day I've not had a single craving. The next time I smoke will be when they fire up my coffin :ROFLMAO:

41 - 60 of 70 Posts