WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, it's now almost 1:30pm in Melbourne, Australia. The Covid-19 lock-down has been extended another two weeks and people are losing their $#!t over it.

Started the week with this one;

I think I'll switch it over to the mesh bracelet sometime before the warmer months arrive.

Switched to the Oris Divers SixtyFive on no-name NATO strap next day;

And over to another Oris after that;

Hmm, here's a close-up;

Bond fan in mourning as I read earlier that Dame Diana Rigg had died at the age of 82. You Game of Thrones fans would know her from the later seasons of the show, but any 007 fan will know her as Mrs James Bond, from On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969). And she also starred in the 1960s spy series, The Avengers prior to her appearance in this Bond film.

I recall reading that they attempted to lure Connery back to the role by trying to get Brigitte Bardot for the part of Tracy Di Vicenzo. That would have been super-cool, but Rigg was by far a better actress (all that Shakespearian theatre training, no doubt) and she brought a mix of vulnerability and steel to the role of the one woman Bond would marry.
The Bond flag is once again at half-mast. Happening a lot in recent years, as the actors from the earlier films begin to shuffle of their mortal coils.

I switched over to the Omega Railmaster last night. Might be back later with a closer shot of it.

Hope you're all well, gang.
Which watch do you have on today?

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I did exactly what I said I would, wear the Fortis for another week. I did imply that I'd be traveling ..... drove with friends to Colorado for a few days of hiking in the Rocky Mountains - that got cut short with a cold front & snowstorm blowing in ..... temperature dropped 60F in the span of 18 hrs. 8+ ft of snow, more at higher elevations. We got out in time, hiked one more (half) day in Santa Fe National Forest. Left there with freezing temps and snow on the ground. South of Waco, TX, we finally got ahead of the storm and temperature was almost a step-function back to 82F. Lots of driving (2,800 miles) for 2.5 days of hiking.
Must say, it takes effort, focus and dedication / commitment to reduce the exposure / chance of infection - never ate in a restaurant, pick-up only, always a face-mask, wash / sanitize hands after egress from the car, give hotel rooms a one-over with sanitizing wipes. Next week will tell how well we did.

Can't see the watch I'm wearing? Look closely ......
Took a close-up today:

And did I mention that we had to change planned hikes? Also Rocky Mountains National Park / Estes Park is dealing with wildfires; the smell is in the air, ash falling from the sky, sun barely visible in smoke-filled skies

In case you missed the sun (that tiny red dot), max-zoom on my iPhone

As bad as this is / seems, it pales in comparison with the images coming out of California that are reminiscent of some of the doomsday / apocalyptic movies.
But we also saw a beautiful sun-rise at the start of our 2nd day of hiking

·
Registered
565 Posts
Started the week with my Speedmaster on new to me Uncleseiko's 1171. That wears and looks great and is worth every penny. Thanks uncleseiko for that.

I bought a 2nd (! - yes, :-( ) Seiko SLA033. This is just a wonderful piece of art, as well. And with my 18cm wrist, it fits like a glove. Another guy of my little town sold it, so I thought: "this is a sign"... Now I got two (crazy, isn't it!?).

Anyway, yesterday I switched to my vintage 2.0 Yema Superman Heritage, which I adore. It seems, so does David.
Miss him, miss some good souls.

Have a good weekend.

2020 09 11.jpg

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Thanks for the great pics & prose, Tino. Espescially your Diana Rigg memories.

I have a lot myself; as a small boy I was allowed to stay up & watch 'The Avengers' (almost all the ones with Dianna Rigg, I was too young to have seen Honor Blackman before Miss Rigg took over). Very sad she's gone.

I've only seen OHMSS once, that was at the cinema with my dad; really must watch it again now.

Here's a couple of my wrist companions from this week ...

Last weekend wore my Railmaster 2503.52. I had more attempts at the elusive pocket shot. Although outdoors for a walk between rainshowers in 'golden time' at around 4pm, with far better light than the our caliginous flat, only this 1 was even worth a look from the couple of dozen + that I snapped off :

Monday changed to 42mm 2500 PO for a few days -

RM back on the wrist now (pics from weekend) ...

Better-half is on 'Work from home Friday' again today, & has added a bit of a trip to the agenda, so heading out shortly to accompany her for the day ...

Enjoy your weekends!

EDIT : -
(Oops! sorry - only Teeritz's post was showing when I wrote mine, but by the time I finished reading, writing, adding pics & posting the others above had arrived first, so my apologies to for no mentions of posts by Ron, A to the K & dayandnight.
Dashing out of the dooor now, William.)

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
I applied for a new job - see how I go. Its becoming a 'anywhere but here' situation for a lot of us at my workplace.

I did not win the lottery - I spent $30 on a ticket, a friend spent $700.

The Planet Ocean LE has been desk diving with me all week.... as evident by the clasp markings.

Something compelled me to watch all the Die Hard films one-after-the-other over the course of a few evenings. I stayed engaged up to Die Hard 3. By #4 I was doing something else whilst watching it. So far I've tried twice to finish #5 but fell asleep both times... and I still haven't finished it.

My mentor picked up a new Tag Heuer this week. Its a nice one.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Nice pics as always, gents
What a hiking experience, Mhe...and good luck with the job-hunting, anonymous

Back at work again, from home, but I have today off so I am spending the morning in the kitchen. A big pot of Ragu is simmering on the stove and the plum cake (a very German thing in late summer) has just left the oven.

And after a week each on Nato, perlon and leather the SM is finally back on bracelet.

Have a great weekend, all

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And here's a better shot of the Railmaster. Edited in post, to bring out the textures and colours of the three pieces of timber underneath. Digital photography has made it all a little too easy, even though it's not a perfect shot;

And here's somebody who couldn't care less about wristwatches;

My wife walked past my computer and saw this photo on-screen. "I don't know why you're putting this picture up, because there's a perfect replica still asleep on the couch."

This photo was taken at 3:43pm. It's now 7:25pm.

The lazy little s.o.b.

Have a good weekend, all!

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Okay, it's now almost 1:30pm in Melbourne, Australia. The Covid-19 lock-down has been extended another two weeks and people are losing their $#!t over it.

Started the week with this one;

View attachment 15443500

I think I'll switch it over to the mesh bracelet sometime before the warmer months arrive.

Switched to the Oris Divers SixtyFive on no-name NATO strap next day;

View attachment 15443506

And over to another Oris after that;

View attachment 15443507

Hmm, here's a close-up;

View attachment 15443508

Bond fan in mourning as I read earlier that Dame Diana Rigg had died at the age of 82. You Game of Thrones fans would know her from the later seasons of the show, but any 007 fan will know her as Mrs James Bond, from On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969). And she also starred in the 1960s spy series, The Avengers prior to her appearance in this Bond film.

View attachment 15443509

I recall reading that they attempted to lure Connery back to the role by trying to get Brigitte Bardot for the part of Tracy Di Vicenzo. That would have been super-cool, but Rigg was by far a better actress (all that Shakespearian theatre training, no doubt) and she brought a mix of vulnerability and steel to the role of the one woman Bond would marry.
The Bond flag is once again at half-mast. Happening a lot in recent years, as the actors from the earlier films begin to shuffle of their mortal coils.

I switched over to the Omega Railmaster last night. Might be back later with a closer shot of it.

Hope you're all well, gang.
Which watch do you have on today?
Nice as always Tino!

This week wore the YM, the DD and the SMP Ti while still working from home:

Happy wekend everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
I’ve mostly had the Aqua Terra on this week, even though I had put it up for sale. I had only just got this watch when my dog Amos became ill and subsequently left this world, and I felt that I had formed an association between the two and would therefore let it go. As the days pass and the grief becomes more manageable, the connection with Amos seems more positive and I’ve felt inclined to wear it more because of that.

Before buying it I was a little concerned that the white dial might be too one dimensional and flat (it’s something that is hard to gauge from photographs), but depending on the light it varies from white, through silvery grey and to champagne.

Today, however, I am wearing my Planet Ocean after temporarily ‘losing’ it. I decided to part with it before I got too attached when I had concerns about money during lockdown in the Uk, and then the original owner got in touch expressing his regret over selling it and asking if he could buy it back, so it went quite suddenly. Literally the next day though people in my sector were told we would shortly be allowed back to work! I didn’t think I’d get another shot at a PO 2500d for a long time, within a reasonable budget, but then ‘casually’ scanning Chrono24 I saw that the exact same watch had been put up for sale again. The owner‘s interest in another watch had him wanting to sell and free up funds, so I bought it again; and for the second time this year it made it’s journey from Germany to Yorkshire.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I’ve mostly had the Aqua Terra on this week, even though I had put it up for sale. I had only just got this watch when my dog Amos became ill and subsequently left this world, and I felt that I had formed an association between the two and would therefore let it go. As the days pass and the grief becomes more manageable, the connection with Amos seems more positive and I’ve felt inclined to wear it more because of that.

Before buying it I was a little concerned that the white dial might be too one dimensional and flat (it’s something that is hard to gauge from photographs), but depending on the light it varies from white, through silvery grey and to champagne.

View attachment 15444099

Today, however, I am wearing my Planet Ocean after temporarily ‘losing’ it. I decided to part with it before I got too attached when I had concerns about money during lockdown in the Uk, and then the original owner got in touch expressing his regret over selling it and asking if he could buy it back, so it went quite suddenly. Literally the next day though people in my sector were told we would shortly be allowed back to work! I didn’t think I’d get another shot at a PO 2500d for a long time, within a reasonable budget, but then ‘casually’ scanning Chrono24 I saw that the exact same watch had been put up for sale again. The owner‘s interest in another watch had him wanting to sell and free up funds, so I bought it again; and for the second time this year it made it’s journey from Germany to Yorkshire.

View attachment 15444120
Buick,

I'm very sorry to hear about you losing Amos. I went through the same thing 34 days ago and I know how hard it is. Embrace everything that reminds you of Amos because the hurt won't last forever, and eventually all those memories will comfort you. My heart goes out to you, my friend. RIP Amos.🐶

Happy to hear you got another crack at the PO. I'm keeping an eye out for one of those myself. I'd hang onto it if I were you.

Best,

Rene

·
Registered
11,819 Posts
So sorry to hear about the passing of your woofer Amos. It's the toughest thing when one passes away. Hopefully the fond memories will carry you through :)

Seems that the PO is meant to be with you. Enjoy it 'again.' :cool:

View attachment 15444099

View attachment 15444120

·
Registered
11,819 Posts
Great photos and snapshots of your lives as usual chaps.

Not much to mention my end. Covid is apparently surging here in the U.K.

Work is busy which I hope lasts for a good while.

Watch wise it’s 5 weeks tomorrow since I picked up the NTTD SMP and still no watch gets a look in. Apologies if it’s boring, but that’s the state of play for me.

Time for some beers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,308 Posts
Lovely pics guys. That certainly was one hiking trip Ron. Good luck with the job hunt Anon. Condolences for Amos.

A long work week here so looking forward to a quiet weekend so my brain can stop buzzing. I’ve worn my PO and finishing with my Bond GMT.

HAGWE

Nigel

1 - 20 of 31 Posts