WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a blast in Cozumel and took a couple of shots of the Frog underwater.
I also took a shot of my new DW-6900 on a night dive but didn't take the time to really focus--too much to see elsewhere :-!

Hope everyone has a great Christmas!

Chris

This last photo isn't a frogman, but a toadfish :-!

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Beautiful shots! I never dove Cozumel. The only time I was down there, in Cancun, I decided to drink and chase women instead. I wasn't married then. :-d I guess I wasted a chance. :)

I

·
0 Posts
Awesome Photos.

Glad to see my exact Froggy is capable of real diving. Nice big and clear photos. I enjoyed them.

Tom

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Great shots...

...frogs do look better underwater. :-!

You better make tracks down to the Great Barrier Reef before it is destroyed by global warming. :-(

I'm not a diver (alas) but I have snorkeled many hours off Heron Island, and it's magic...where a lot of the pro underwater photographers go for their 'shoots'. There were a bunch there when we were there.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Yup... a trully beautiful shots... thanks for posting.

Anyone else found it interesting that G was used only to tell time, he didn't even use it to time the dives... LMAO

Yea... diving watches are just fasion... they really have no real purpose for diving... (except for an VERY unlikely need for a backup...)

I like the shots , thanks for posting! :-!

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup... a trully beautiful shots... thanks for posting.

Anyone else found it interesting that G was used only to tell time, he didn't even use it to time the dives... LMAO

Yea... diving watches are just fasion... they really have no real purpose for diving... (except for an VERY unlikely need for a backup...)

I like the shots , thanks for posting! :-!

Yep,
if I didn't have my dive computer I would use it (my frog) to time my dives, but the computer makes the dive tables obsolete and (stopwatch)timing my dive unnecessary.
I will add however if for some reason my comp crashed (I believe you correctly said VERY unlikely need for a backup) I would use the frog to time my dives. I do have my C-Card, blood type, passport #, DAN #, etc stored in the watch. Not sure anyone except my dive buddies would know they're there, but they are there. b-)
Best regards,
Chris

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Don't forget Nuno. ;-)

Nuno Gomes recently claimed the Guinness Book of Records Deepest seawater scuba dive (men) title.

Nuno has dived to a depth of 318.25 meters in the Red Sea using a Casio G Shock watch – this is the deepest a human ( and a G Shock ) has dived !

http://www.jamesralph.com/pages/worldrecord.html

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Those were great! Thanks for sharing. Have any more?

·
Registered
13,284 Posts
Nice pics. I've never seen a toadfish before. Scary.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
WOW, I would like to see the safety profile from that dive as well as the gas mix(es) (Nitrox, Trimix etc..) he used as well as the length of time to decompress on his ascent from that depth. I feel a little wimpy only going to 124' last week :).
Good stuff!
Chris
If you click the link at the bottom of his picture, there's a link on the site to "Red Sea Dive", and there's a lot of info there about it.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Those were great! Thanks for sharing. Have any more?

I do have more, but they're all of critters(sharks, anemones, morays etc) and not watches so I was reluctant to post them here. I do have them up on Flikr and if you're interested let me know, I'll PM you the link.
Cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hell yeah... you're the man :-d Can you tell us about your camera also? I always wanna dive that deep.
Sure Raggy,
I used to use a Sony Cybershot but wasn't happy w/ the macro. I spoke to a couple of divers on Flikr and the least expensive/best outcome route was with a Canon SD700IS (also called a Canon IXY Dig 800IS) I think I gave $180 on the bay for the camera and another $150 for the case. If you buy a case make very sure it's OEM Canon and not a knockoff. The knockoffs are watertight only to 1ATM, not 4 like the OEM.
I'm very pleased with the macro. Not every shot is a knockout, but when you get a good shot, they're pretty good.:-!
Best regards,
Chris

·
Registered
13,284 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
GREAT toadfish pic - they are pretty elusive, aren't they?

Here's the only one we saw on our Coz trip last spring! Can you see him?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts