WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Would a GW-200Z bezel fit the original DW-6300 frog? If not, is anything available that would?

I'm looking to pick up my first frog but it needs a bezel :)

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
The only thing that is cross-compatible are the straps, and only between the 20x and 820x/82xx models.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I have seen some 6300 bezels for sale in Japan. I don't know if they were OEM or aftermarket, but they were all yellow. It takes quite a bit of searching if they are still around. I expect a good condition bezel for that watch will cost more than the rest of the watch. I would pass on buying it if you haven't already. I don't recommend 6300 or 9900 frogs for that reason. 9900 resin is a little easier to get, but still expensive. My 9900 cost me about $200 total. About $140 of that was new resin and I got a dead battery body with crappy band for $60. If you're looking at these models, get the resin first. Even perfect looking watches could crumble as soon as you try to clean it.

Reactions: pritch and Tsip85

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, that's a shame. Pity no-one is reproducing the resin :-(

Thanks for the info though :)

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
What they said, unfortunately.

You should be able to get a 6300 bezel though. Probably have to source it from Japan, but a dealer or service can probably help you out.

Be cool to resurrect an old Frog like that. :-!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sure thing, I'll give an old Casio a chance wherever possible. I'll look around.

It's clear the watch has plenty of life left to give, it just needs some new clothes like we all would after 20 years or so :)

Can you hear us, Casio? Re-release the old resins!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts