WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...this is asked bearing in mind that alot of Frogman owners have never been deeper than snorkel depth.

I was at a football match last night and thought the Frogman dive timer was a great way to measure each half. The start time and current time display especially makes it very useful.
Not exactly timing a dive, but a nice alternative use I thought!

So....how do you use yours?

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
It works great if you travel alot at work. I can track the total time of a service call (dive time), as well as the travel time on that service call (surface interval). It works well whenever you need to track a total length of time, as well as a subset of that time.

I also use the dive timer quite a bit, as a normal stopwatch. It's nice to have a basic timer, without all of those splits and stuff, and be able to see the current time as well. The Frogman has probably the best and easiest stopwatch I've ever used.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
never did use the dive time on the frog but i do luv ur avatar.
is that Russell Brand? i saw him on "Forgetting Sarah MArshall" and he is freakin hilarious.
he played an awesome cool rock star and the movie is just funny !!!

·
7,405 Posts
never did use the dive time on the frog but i do luv ur avatar.
is that Russell Brand? i saw him on "Forgetting Sarah MArshall" and he is freakin hilarious.
he played an awesome cool rock star and the movie is just funny !!!
Russell Brand from that MTV Debacle? What does the M stand for these days anyway? Morons that can't keep their Mouths shut? I'll keep my mouth shut and move on to the next thread thank you :-x

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Russell Brand from that MTV Debacle? What does the M stand for these days anyway? Morons that can't keep their Mouths shut? I'll keep my mouth shut and move on to the next thread thank you :-x
Yes, Mansrow, thats him.

Very funny (and pretty clever) guy. Have a search for him on itunes (or on his website) and there is a weekly podcast that he does for BBC Radio 2. Its an hour of gold every week.
And bearing in mind that Radio 2 is normally a reserved and middle-aged station.
His autobiography is good too - not for the faint-hearted though. Drug addict, sex addict, manic depressive.

The MTV thing just inspired me to finally change the avatar. He is a comedian and not a political commentator so some of the things written about him have been a bit much.

At least he is well known in the USA now!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is it really that bad? hmmmm..... :think:
but anyhow, Joker !!! that movie is still hilarious and Sarah Marshall is HAWT !!!!! :-d

and Jonah Hill....he slays me everytime !!!
Agreed! Jonah Hill would be funny whatever he did.

Got to love Apatow's work. I thought Knocked Up and Superbad were hilarious :-!

·
7,405 Posts
hmmm, i just saw him once on that movie. never seen him on MTV. got any links, Joker or dougie? i want to know wats u guys talking bout.
Can't find links to the video, but google it. Basically criticised our leadership and told us who to vote for...blah blah blah

I'm also pretty disgusted with him for when he was a veejay for MTV in Britain, he was thinking it was humorous to dress up as Bin Laden the day after we were attacked.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can't find links to the video, but google it. Basically criticised our leadership and told us who to vote for...blah blah blah

I'm also pretty disgusted with him for when he was a veejay for MTV in Britain, he was thinking it was humorous to dress up as Bin Laden the day after we were attacked.
Well, like I said above - he is a comedian and i thought his act was funny. He's not a serious political commentator so I wouldnt take it too seriously.

Also on the MTV Bin Laden thing - he was a heroin addict at the time and also brought his drug dealer to work that day. He was sacked right away and eventually went to rehab.
Does alot of work now for drug charities.

Anyway....will change my photo later.

·
7,405 Posts
Well, like I said above - he is a comedian and i thought his act was funny. He's not a serious political commentator so I wouldnt take it too seriously.
Also on the MTV Bin Laden thing - he was a heroin addict at the time and also brought his drug dealer to work that day. He was sacked right away and eventually went to rehab.
Does alot of work now for drug charities.
How do they say....you could put lipstick on a pig and dress it how you want to, but at the end of the day, it's still a pig ;-)

I think the problem we tend to face is because it was all part of someone's act, or because of their addictions, it automatically gives them a free pass when in the public eye. I've had my bouts with drugs and booze, and regardless about what I did about it, or how I live, I am still accountable for my actions, and he is accountable for his. There's got to be at least one sober moment between the time he purchased the costume, and when he intended to go on the air with it where something in his brain had to think....this might not be the right thing to do :think:

As far as his act that night at the awards, same level of accountability. If he saw it wasn't well received maybe he could've backed off. Never a good idea to go to foreign soil and bash leadership and tell people what to do. He's got a name in America, your right, but definitely not a good name.

Lemme step off my soap box now ;-)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts

Russell Brand dressed up as Bin Laden the day after 9/11?

Gotta love that British sense of humor. <|

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
As far as his act that night at the awards, same level of accountability. If he saw it wasn't well received maybe he could've backed off. Never a good idea to go to foreign soil and bash leadership and tell people what to do. He's got a name in America, your right, but definitely not a good name.
I think he probably knew exactly what he was doing... ;-)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts