WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, its driving me crazy! My DW-8200 has the hourly chime/ring going on and I can't seem to turn it off. I read the manual, but I must not have read it correctly. Google hasn't done me well either. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Press the mode button, get to the Alarm mode. Then select Time Signal screen by pressing the lower right button until you get to the right screen. At that point I don't remember if you press the top right or top left button but one of them will toggle the sig on/off.

If all else fails then I believe this module has the kill-all feature - press all 4 buttons at once to reset the watch.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
According to this thread, this should be the manual for that model: http://ftp.casio.co.jp/pub/world_manual/wat/en/qw1294.pdf

(If the back of your watch shows another module number besides "1294," other manuals are available here: Timepieces(Watches) - Manuals - CASIO )

If that IS the correct module number, you'll want to press the "C" button until you get into "alarm mode," then press the "D" button to cycle through the three alarms and the hourly chime mode, then once you're in the "hourly chime mode" press the "B" button to toggle it on and off.

Text Font Document

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. My watch having the problem seems to be stuck on one page in the alarm screen. It won't let me toggle through the others and the hourly signal is deactivated on that screen, but is showing on the main time screen. I tried the instructions above on my other DW-8200 1294 and it worked. Is my battery so low, its malfunctioning? I will remove the bezel to see if the resin is warped or rotted or something, but the other buttons work fine in other screens...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts