WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all here, I have a question I like to put forward ?

I am considering to purchase my first & possibly only Frogman, but unsure which of the two to buy.
GW-200Z-1JF final frogman or GF-1000-1DR
I like the look of the final frogman, but unsure which way to go?
Any suggestions would be welcomed.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I guess it depends on if you want/need the tide graph, moon phase functions and also how big your wrist is. The 1000 is a big watch and works much better on a bigger wrist. Personally, I'd go for the 200Z but I love the 200 series. The downside of the 200 is it doesn't really have a proper WT function, just a dive site selection that is best to manually re-program.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
All you have to do is remove the bezel and strap and look at the screws used to hold it all together. The 1000 wins easily in construction. I have a 6.7inch wrist and the 1000, even though larger, sits flatter and more firmly on my wrist.

Also, the ability to show two time zones on the homes screen is a major advantage. 1000 all the way, easily.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Another vote for the 1000 from me, more functionality and feels much better quality. Saying that the Final Frogman is getting harder to find now, so if you see one for
a good price, snap it up. The 1000 is a current model and pretty easy to find a good deal on one.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replys, I dont need the tide graph. Both are nice frogmans, the 1000 is very busy imo, the 200Z looks nice. Am kinda leaning to the more collectable final frogman, the 1000 is a nice frgman also though?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would buy the Final Frogman if I could find one that isn't from eBay :)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Wrist size is the most important factor here I think. Although 1000 series frogman is my favourite series, I've stopped wearing mine for many months now because of the size issue.
They look ok when I wear them with thick long-sleeve jackets (which make my wrist look bulkier). But most of the time they just look comical on my 6.5' wrist. 200 series on the other hand fit me perfectly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My wrist size is 7.75inch, I am considering all advise. I am warming more to the GF-1000, I have time on my side.

Thanks guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts