1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nearly identical
The GW-200 is titanium and was discontinued in 2009
GW200Z-1DR.jpg

The GF-8235 is steel, almost 50% heavier. Released in 2018 as 35 year anniversary limited edition
gf-8235d-1bjr-a.jpg

·
Registered
12,579 Posts
Depends on price and your willingness to pay. If you can get the 35th at retail I would get it, or if the 200 is reasonable get it.

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Thanks for the photos! If it was me I would pick the first one, based on the display alone, I don't know the specifics of the modules. Just what I would pick based on looks.

Sent from my K92 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I'm a sucker for black and gold so I would go for the GF-8235D. I used to have a GW-200Z which I wore for almost everything and the watch looked hideous when the colorful lines of text started wearing off, while I think the 8235D wouldn't suffer it to the same degree. Eyeing one myself, in fact.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,418 Posts
well considering i have both and wear them regularly, the easy answer is........
......you should too ;)

seriously tho, theyre both great imo. the 200 is a little smaller and lighter so it will fit a smaller wrist better but the 8235 has a nice "modern" display and youre buying part of history (and that gold caseback |> |> ). resin is also more readily available with more options if you want to change colours than the 200.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
The GW200 is nice.

The GF-8235 is basically GWF-1000 restyled to look somewhat like the old DW8200 series. But there are some significant differences.

Regardless, the GF-8235 module has more features than the GW200. The GW200 is pretty basic as a timepiece.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
The original is still the one I would go with, the remake is just that, a nice remake. Between these two the 200 has the history behind it, the other one not so much. Of course, if you're getting it to wear then by all means get the second one, as far as collectability, I would think the first one wins, it's just my opinion and I could be wrong too.

Sent from my K92 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
I would go with the GW-200

I had one and loved it. It was my first online purchase from Japan . I got it and a couple of straps and bezels from a seller that owned a store by the name of Mr. Higuchi.

It came in 3 days from Japan to the East Coast of the USA.

It was very easy to read.

The newer Frogman watches leave me cold. Stainless Steel. Ti was a Frogman staple

Oh and despite having GW in the name it is not a atomic watch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts