WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people!

I'm looking into buying my 1st frogman (Yippeeee) and I keep coming across GW-206K I.C.E.R.C with a note saying very rare - Limited edition!

I'd like to know how many were produced and how people say they are limited? I can see several sites selling them!

Also a 2nd question is there a basic all black version of that watch?

HH

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,595 Posts
Hi HH,

There are Black versions of the GW-200 Frogman model (Black Spots, Black Helios), but they are pretty hard to find and will probably cost seemly more than the 2006 I.C.E.R.C. Frogman (I guess they are still around $225.- to $250.- or so).

It is a limited edition, but no numbers are known. This frogman is made for a limited time and will be hard to get (wild educated guess) somewhere between now and about half a year. It probably the last GW-200 that will be released.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hi HH,

There are Black versions of the GW-200 Frogman model (Black Spots, Black Helios), but they are pretty hard to find and will probably cost seemly more than the 2006 I.C.E.R.C. Frogman (I guess they are still around $225.- to $250.- or so).

It is a limited edition, but no numbers are known. This frogman is made for a limited time and will be hard to get (wild educated guess) somewhere between now and about half a year. It probably the last GW-200 that will be released.

Cheers,

Sjors
Sjors, a question is the Frogman the best G ever made?:)

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Hi HH, The 2006 ICERC is still in production at a rate of 10,000 a month. How long the production run will last has not been stated by Casio. More info here.

http://translate.google.com/transla...rev=/search?q=GW-206K&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&sa=G
I am inclined to believe that the number is a grand total. They are sold out just about everywhere in japan (at least the online shops). They can be had on yahoo japan in a price range of ~$190-280.

It's not a bad model -- interesting speculation that it is the last 4th generation model. If that is the case, I hope that casio does not screw things up too much...like with the new mudman (jmho:) ).

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,595 Posts
Hi Lenny,

I think the answer is a bit inbetween. It doesn't say it's still produced, nor how many months this model is produced. It also says in the beginning there were 10,000 produced a month, so production rate could be decreased after some time...

Just my 2 cents..

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Hi people!

I'm looking into buying my 1st frogman (Yippeeee) and I keep coming across GW-206K I.C.E.R.C with a note saying very rare - Limited edition!

I'd like to know how many were produced and how people say they are limited? I can see several sites selling them!

Also a 2nd question is there a basic all black version of that watch?

HH
Hi,
They are a limited commodity. As to how limited i think no one knows.

cheers~
SKy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts