WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Can anybody tell me if these are the same size and do they wear the same on the wrist?
Also i'm interested in your opinions on what size minimum is required to pull one of these off of course size is subjective as everybody has their own opinion but would appreciate any feedback and pictures would be great!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Well, I flipped my Magma frog, but I think it wore a little smaller than my d1000.....Justabe’s pic is pretty representative......my wrist is 7.5”, but my Froggy is on Jaysandkays.....

9F0D63FB-6E30-486F-816D-DF7471105685.jpeg

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I flipped my Magma frog, but I think it wore a little smaller than my d1000.....Justabe’s pic is pretty representative......my wrist is 7.5”, but my Froggy is on Jaysandkays.....

View attachment 14541577
It looks smaller than the D1000 looking at justabe’s pic unless that’s my eyes playing tricks on me?
Does anybody know the dimensions of each watch?

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
It looks smaller than the D1000 looking at justabe’s pic unless that’s my eyes playing tricks on me?
Does anybody know the dimensions of each watch?
GWF-1035
Size: H x W x D = 58.3 x 52.8 x 18.0 mm / 115.0g

GWF-D1000
Size: H x W x D = 59.2.x 53.3 x 18.0 mm / 141g

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't wear either comfortably on my 7" wrist.
Oh dear its looking like owning a Frogman is becoming but a distant dream on my 6.75 wrist from all the pictures I've seen wrist size bigger than mine i might add and posts read i suppose i knew the truth deep down just didn't wan to admit it to myself!

·
Premium Member
8,336 Posts
Oh dear its looking like owning a Frogman is becoming but a distant dream on my 6.75 wrist from all the pictures I've seen wrist size bigger than mine i might add and posts read i suppose i knew the truth deep down just didn't wan to admit it to myself!
Not necessarily... I'm sure there are guys here w/wrists your size who have one of those Frogs. Also, there are other models of Frogs that are a bit smaller. GW-225 and GF-8250s, I think....

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not necessarily... I'm sure there are guys here w/wrists your size who have one of those Frogs. Also, there are other models of Frogs that are a bit smaller. GW-225 and GF-8250s, I think....
Yes there's the 8235/50 for example but these don't have MB6 which i would prefer!

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
I have an 8" wrist so no need for wrist shots!!! Good luck ;-)

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
I have a flat 7-inch wrist and find the GWF-D1000 on the stock strap to be highly uncomfortable. It's not so much the case size but rather how the stiff CF strap juts out from the case to go over a wet suit. If you have a 6.75-inch wrist it will just feel top-heavy and flop around on your wrist. Don't do it unless you plan to get one of jays 'n kays excellent adapters and use a custom strap that will mold around your wrist better.

Here's mine with the adapter on a black IP metal bracelet:

IMG_20190622_152022.jpg

The GWF-1000s are a tad smaller and more bearable, but these aren't particularly comfortable either, lol. They are great to look at though.

IMG_20190510_230758.jpg

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have a flat 7-inch wrist and find the GWF-D1000 on the stock strap to be highly uncomfortable. It's not so much the case size but rather how the stiff CF strap juts out from the case to go over a wet suit. If you have a 6.75-inch wrist it will just feel top-heavy and flop around on your wrist. Don't do it unless you plan to get one of jays 'n kays excellent adapters and use a custom strap that will mold around your wrist better.

Here's mine with the adapter on a black IP metal bracelet:

View attachment 14541759

[HR][/HR]
The GWF-1000s are a tad smaller and more bearable, but these aren't particularly comfortable either, lol. They are great to look at though.

View attachment 14541761
Thanks for your input that pretty much puts pay to me owning one, the older models don’t have MB6 and as my collection consists of squares except one and have been looking at frogman for sometime now love the look and thought every collection deserves a frogman but unfortunately in my case it’s not looking likely now!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts