WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Frogman Ownership. Why do you own yours?

• Yes. I own a Frogman for diving and that's why I have it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dive with my Frogman but it's a great casual watch too!

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • The only water my Frogman has seen is in the shower.

Votes: 27 57.4%
  • Why own a Frogman if you aren't a Frogman!

Votes: 13 27.7%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a long standing infatuation with the Frogman line, however I'm not a diver and I don't plan to start anytime soon. Am I odd or do other non-divers own or want a Frogman?

Feel free to vote even if you don't own one but have an opinion on it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am also a non diver who loves the frogman line. I like the way it sits off center on the wristband. I have only recently ordered my first frogman and I am counting down the days until it's arrival.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I swim with it and surf with it, but I don't dive.
I swim with mine, but not even that much anymore as sunscreen sticks to the resin and is tough to get off after a day in the sun. :-(

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
It is very simply an overpriced G Shock. If you want it buy it but it will not be the most used dive watch ever. Look through the forums here and you will see navy divers wearing most any G Shock durable and cheap to replace. There are also lots of seiko autos. I had a Dawn Black Frog and it just did not get worn so to the sales forum it went. I know has a Seiko SRP043 Spork that gets worn all the time. I am a diver and used whatever G I had when diving and also a Skinny Dipper dive computer. Now I just snorkel in San Diego at La Jolla Cove, swimming with the sharks will get your heart rate up. I take my Gulfman with me but it never really seams to judge the tides there very well the swells can get very large in a few min and the life guards will clear the swimmers out quickly.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Maybe just me but with my 7.5" wrist I find the Frogman fitting very uncomfortable. I had a GW-200 and GWF-1000 and ended up selling both. I'm an avid pool swimmer and I wear a GW-5000 these days as it is extremely comfy under and above water and the digits seem easier to read.

Frogman has a sense of very high quality in terms of materials and knowing it's certified diver's 200m I think that's what the attraction is.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I just love the way they look. Cept the price still has me sitting on the fence, when thinking about it though....:think:, it always come to mind of the money I’ve spent on bracelets, buckles, straps as well as Zulus over the past 5 months or so. If I didn’t make these purchases, I could have, (if yellow was a color I was looking for) bought one already through Amazon. Which would be similar to visiting McDonald’s, I’d have change left over for another "G"....:-s

I hope to own one someday, but I’ve finally made the decision to resist the temptation, at least not till I purchase the watch I have my sights on.

Pops

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
I swim with it and surf with it, but I don't dive.

Yes, I miss that option. I normally do not dive deeper than a few meters in a swimming pool in sea, but I wet it surely more than just the shower. I normally don't wear a watch under the shower, because the moist under the watch can become a bit irritating (I wear my watches quite snug).

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Yes, I miss that option. I normally do not dive deeper than a few meters in a swimming pool in sea, but I wet it surely more than just the shower. I normally don't wear a watch under the shower, because the moist under the watch can become a bit irritating (I wear my watches quite snug).

Cheers,

Sjors
Yup, if I was back in the Islands I'd wear my "G" at Sandy Beach on a big day to see how it goes. However for thoughs who know Sandy Beach, even a small to mid size day would give it a workout!

Pops

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Because I want one! ;-):-!

Reactions: azpops

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Yellow Frog 1.jpg I'm not a diver. But I do wear my yellow Froggy snorkeling in Hawaii, in the pool & the shower.

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
I don't take any of my watches to shower but I only sport with a G-SHOCK. I actually love Frogman's design. I do wish they can be easily find with a fair price but what the hell, if that is what I have to pay for a watch design I like. I'll do it. I wear my Frogman and not treated it as a collectible item. All G-SHOCks are equally rated in my mind. I don't favor Frogman more.

·
Registered
581 Posts
They are great casual watches, but never suitable for many occasion I often encounter, like right now I am out of town for a conference, for such events I would never be able to bring my frogman with me, but always a understate square, like GW5600J. (By the way, in this conference, I just saw a guy wearing a DW5000C! and he has been wearing it for 20 years, the resin looks shinny but it seems it is still in pretty good shape.)

Anyway, even though they are far away from getting my most wrist time, I love the design and quality of frogman. In fact, right now, I think, finally, I am going to give in to the temptation for the MIBR GWF-1000RD :)

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I bought my Frog (DW 6300) because the price was simply too good to pass up. I want another one for two reasons: I love the way they look, and because I CAN'T have one (due to price). I treat my Frog just like any other G. While I actually take my watches off before I shower, I swim in them frequently...lakes, pools, and sea water. I don't plan on diving any time soon, but if I did, I wouldn't put my Frog on just because it was a Frogman and ISO certified. I'd dive with whatever G I happened to have with me.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
no idea why i bought one :-s
I have two - the 1000B, 1000G - I never wear them as they don't even fit me, but for some reason I can't seem to part with them. I've tried - sold them, but bought them back again - twice!!!
Must be some kind of sickness...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts