WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone :)

Just wanna share with your guys my story since I have learned so much reading from this forum as well as The Rolex Forums.

I never thought I gonna spend significant amount of money on watch for myself. (I did buy for my parents and my wife .. as well as my key management personal). (Earlier)Watch for me is just something that tell you the time, period....

Early this year, my wife encourage me to get a good watch (she hates my old Casio!) for the sake of proper business protocol. I then decided to examine Rolex and Patek Philippe (555 typical Asian Watch Snop) Eventually, I have concluded that my first watch should be Daytona in white gold.

I was about to make an order but something inside me just say No! Not that Rolex is not a good watch but I felt at the time .. I wasn't buying the watch for myself.

So I read and read to search for my sole... before going out and try many pieces on. Then one day, on this forum, it was the first time I learned about Grand Seiko and That its! I was inspired ... :)

The prestigious history .. The reflect of human determination pursuing perfection .. The art .. The simplicity .. and The continuous innovation.

It moves me and here I am.. thank to you all :)
I never thought I gonna enjoy having "the watch" so much that I can't stop my desire to acquire more :)

Thank you very much for all the knowledge all your guys have been putting up on this forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Congrats! Grand Seiko's are fantastic watches at an unbeatable price.

Reactions: DrNoi

·
Registered
540 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Belated congrats from one GS owner to another!

So you got the blue dial SBGA029? Enjoy the smooth seconds hand and accuracy of the spring drive.

And get used to incredulous stares when people (eventually) find out about your multi-thousand dollar Seiko!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Belated congrats from one GS owner to another!

So you got the blue dial SBGA029? Enjoy the smooth seconds hand and accuracy of the spring drive.

And get used to incredulous stares when people (eventually) find out about your multi-thousand dollar Seiko!
Thanks Shoen. I enjoy the blue dial SBGA071 so much. So far, I still under the radar :)

Cheers :)

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Excellent! That "snowflake" dial is amazing.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Thanks Shoen. I enjoy the blue dial SBGA071 so much. So far, I still under the radar :)

Cheers :)
Ah, I see. I much prefer the blue 071 to the black 029 then. That it's limited edition also helps!

My blue-dialed GMT says hello:

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts