WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago, drhr held a small "contest" of sorts to commemorate his 1000th post. By random draw, I happened to be selected for the prize. For this, I am very grateful to drhr and hope to see him post many thousands more posts.

As I told him, this came at quite a big surprise because I only entered for the fun of it but what came of it was far more than I expected. I had recently sold my '69 King Seiko in order to get my girlfriend a nice watch to be able to wear to work and to travel(to Costa Rica) with. So I had this Seiko sized hole in the heart but I wasn't quite at the point where I could fill it with a Grand Seiko or replacement King Seiko. The beautiful Seiko offered by drhr was a SNZG15K1. Quite a robust piece and far more stout than I expected after owning a vintage Seiko automatic.

For your eyes, I present my new daily wearer, the Seiko SNZG15K1 as offered by a very generous drhr:

Seiko 1 (472x636).jpg

Seiko 2 (478x640).jpg

Seiko 3 (478x640).jpg

Seiko 4 (478x640).jpg

Seiko 5 (478x640).jpg

Seiko 7 (478x640).jpg

Seiko 6 (478x640).jpg

Thank you, drhr.

Here's hoping that I make it to 1000 posts so I can make someone's collection a little more whole as well.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Nice! And really good to hear you'll carry on the tradition. Looks like the best person won - congrats!

Reactions: davidtsee and drhr

·
Registered
168 Posts
Very cool! I think it's great that you posted this. I like these acts of generosity, and it's cool to see them commemorated. It's like when someone posts a "which watch should I buy?" thread. I always want them to finish the post with the result, and not leave the thread incomplete.
That Seiko, to me, is a darn near perfect example of a daily wear automatic. Wear it in good health!

But more importantly, how was the trip to Costa Rica, and what watch did your gf get? :)

Reactions: drhr

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Very cool! I think it's great that you posted this. I like these acts of generosity, and it's cool to see them commemorated. It's like when someone posts a "which watch should I buy?" thread. I always want them to finish the post with the result, and not leave the thread incomplete.
That Seiko, to me, is a darn near perfect example of a daily wear automatic. Wear it in good health!

But more importantly, how was the trip to Costa Rica, and what watch did your gf get? :)
Hey, I don't know how many people will get the reference, but I like watching frye and leila travel space too!

Well, I had to work this summer in order to really kill some student loans, but she is there with a good friend that I trust and she's sending back tons of great pics. So, it's like I'm getting to enjoy it vicariously for now.

As for the watch that I got for her, to wear on the trip I got her a Casio G-shock so I knew it would stand up to the rigors. For her to enjoy more often and to use for work I got her a Bulova 96R122. I got her a Bulova because her late grandfather used to wear this really old Bulova that her mom still has and I've admired every time I visit her mom's house. I thought maybe it would mean more to both her and her late grandfather that she wear the same that he did.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
A very generous gesture on drhr's part, it's nice to know men of his integrity are members here.

Make sure to "pay it forward".

Reactions: ljb187 and drhr

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Hey Jolly Green John, looks great on your wrist! Thx for participating in my mini celebration - appreciate the shout out! Hope you will enjoy it for many years to come. And mahalo for the kind words, guys, that is certainly appreciated, too!

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
Hey Jolly Green John, looks great on your wrist! Thx for participating in my mini celebration - appreciate the shout out! Hope you will enjoy it for many years to come. And mahalo for the kind words, guys, that is certainly appreciated, too!
All class mate!

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Very nice of drhr!

Reactions: ljb187 and drhr

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Reactions: ljb187 and geoffbot

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Lovely gesture by drhr and congratulations, enjoy the watch!

Reactions: ljb187

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
of course drhr has created a huge problem for follow on members milestone , they could be labelled tight ba*tards forever more , seriously though a very nice thought by him and obviously went to a nice young man !
Very true my friend, I'm only 52 posts away....I'd better quit talking :-d

Reactions: shameless and drhr
1 - 20 of 30 Posts