WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the second project I do with Sergey Volkov of Colibrica Design (I think the old website is not online anymore but you can fnd me both on Facebook and Instagram). The first was an indicator (you can check my review here: Indicator watch).

We started the second project in March 2020. This time I wanted a dressy watch and after discussions with Sergey we choose the Tovarish case (39 mm in titanium), with leaf hands, sapphire crystal and a display case back.

We also decided on a lacquered brown dial (which is very difficult to photograph, by he way) with a black 12 and blued second hand.

For the movement we decided on a Vostok 2809. I really like this movement and have done a post on it here: Anatomy of the Vostok 2809.

So I acquired 2809 from eBay, when it arrived I was disappointed that while was running at about 10 seconds a day it had a bit error of about 9 ms. Specially with vintage Russian, although they are cheap, they often come half butchered.

I don’t know the full history, but apparently it was not easy the regulate the movement and Sergey sent it to, who he called, a Vostok grandad . Now the bit error is about 1 ms.

Finally after a year, not an easy year for anyone, the watch was ready and Sergey sent it to me. I was very apprehensive because when we did our first project the first Indicator he sent me was stolen in transit. I was super relieved when I finally received a package from Sergey.

The watch come on the, I guess, typical Uglish wooden case and wrapped in tracing paper with some kind of engineering plans drawn on it.

Opening the box we have:

Sergey had first chosen brown straps for the watch but then he didn’t like then on the watch and decided for black ones.

He was kind enough to send me both straps at no extra cost.

Next we have a picture of the movement seen trough the display case back.

For those eagle eyed you will notice that on the case back is written Vostock 2609 instead of 2809, as it should but all adds to the watch charm and uniqueness.

And finally two picture of the dial under different light conditions.

In conclusion, I am super happy with the watch and there isn’t much more that I can say. Thank you Sergey.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The dial and the variety of tones that gives with the light is stunning.
He makes custom watches then? Im always have been interested in a soviet interpretation of a rolex explorer (My grandfather was going to give me his at my graduation but it was stolen 2 years before, and I have been saving for one, but a homage or something similar for as long as is save, would be interesting)
a 36mm or less watch with 100m wr, formal enough to use with suit but also casual. Do you think is possible to make one?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dial and the variety of tones that gives with the light is stunning.
He makes custom watches then? Im always have been interested in a soviet interpretation of a rolex explorer (My grandfather was going to give me his at my graduation but it was stolen 2 years before, and I have been saving for one, but a homage or something similar for as long as is save, would be interesting)
a 36mm or less watch with 100m wr, formal enough to use with suit but also casual. Do you think is possible to make one?
Sergey is quite flexible, so you should ask him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts