WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS: 1945 Longines Pocket Watch 37.93 Caliber w/ Albert Einstein-style dial & hands RARE collectible!

For sale here is a 1945 Longines pocket watch in a ultra high quality chrome nickel military grade case. Brushed silver dial with blued steel hands. Stem wind stem set 17 jewel movement serial number 6912740 caliber 37.93. Double hinged back, Longines signed case. Original thin low domed glass crystal. In outstanding condition, recently cleaned, oiled, timed by Sunday and Sunday Antiques, and is running well. Bow is nice and stiff/snug.

This watch is particularly interesting to collectors in that its dial and hands are virtually identical to those of the Longines pocket watch that was famously owned by Albert Einstein:

(NOTE: The watch pictured directly above is NOT the watch for sale; it is a picture of the famous Longines owned by Albert Einstein, as seen in this news article.)

Compare the picture of Albert Einstein's watch above with the pictures of the watch for sale here, below. As you can see, the dials and hands are practically identical:

Asking price is $600 now $550 via PayPal (or with a 3% discount via bank wire transfer). Insured USPS Priory Mail shipping within the U.S. is included in the price. International shipping will be made available at cost on a case-by-case basis. I've sold several watches here on WUS and eBay, and references can be provided upon request.

I purchased this watch from Sunday and Sunday Antiques thinking that it would fill the vintage pocket watch slot in my watch box. But I've recently inherited my great-granduncle's pocket watch, and the sentimental value attached to it means that it has taken the Longines' place in my collection, despite the Longines' superior condition and uncanny resemblance to Albert Einstein's pocket watch.

Don't miss out on this chance to grab a fine pocket watch with a great, well-maintained movement, and a dial design with a direct stylistic connection to Albert Einstein's own Longines pocket watch!​

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: FS: 1945 Longines Pocket Watch 37.93 Caliber w/ Albert Einstein-style dial & hands RARE collecti

bump

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: FS: 1945 Longines Pocket Watch 37.93 Caliber w/ Albert Einstein-style dial & hands RARE collecti

ttt

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

bump

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

ttt

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

bump

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

ttt

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

ttt

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

now reduced to $550 shipped.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts