WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a rare bird, and has a true cult following among jump hour collectors. It was one of the first mechanical digitals that re-appeared in the late 1950's nearly 30 years after the launch of the early wristwatch jump hours, and competed directly with the Elgin direct read models of the era.

The coolest feature of this jump hour is the star in the center of the dial, which rotates to serve as the seconds indicator. It is truly mesmerizing, and every time I wear it I end up spending lots of time showing it to admirers who grab my wrist....

The stunning dial is all original, and has aged evenly to a beautiful golden finish. Hour and minute indicators run perfectly, and hour changes right on cue. Center star spins smoothly, ad is incredibly cool to watch.

Case measures 34mm from 10 to 4, but I think this one wears much more like a 36mm+ due to the thin bezel and expanse of dial. The case is 10K rolled gold plate, and is overall in very nice condition. Sme signs of age to show it's 60+ years of life, but nothing egregious that detracts from it's wrist presence.

It currently on a very nice perforated black leather strap with generic gold plated buckle. This was serviced by a local watchmaker prior to acquisition, and it runs very well, keeping excellent time.

$325 delivered in US. Paypal, money order, check if I know you.

Don't pass up the opportunity to own this 1950's gem!

Email with questions, and thanks for looking!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts