WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a rare Tudor Oyster Prince Automatic from around 1952 - 1953. The case is gold filled and plated. Reference 7808.

The watch is in excellent condition, considering it's age. It has sat in a drawer for several decades. A very clean cream colored dial with gold hour markers, outer chapter ring and hands. The second hand is in a very nice antique blue.

This watch uses the Tudor (Rolex) Calibre 390 movement, which is the in-house movement before they started using ETA. Also, the crown is interesting in that it is the older style that was used through the 30s to 40s.

Dial is marked " Tudor Oyster Prince Rotor Self Winding Swiss Made"

Case Back is marked " 89706 - 7808"

Case is marked inside " Tudor Geneva Switzerland Patented Stainless Steel Back"

Movement signed: " Tudor Auto Prince" on the rotor and "swiss Made 17 Rubis Tudor" on the movement. The crest and 390 is found on the movement, but it is under the dial. I had my watchmaker verify this information.

Crown is marked " Oyster Patent +".

Case measures 34mm excluding crown and does show some wear on the lugs and case. It is keeping great time and running well.

Asking $650 including shipping and insurance within Canada and US. If you are international, I can do it for $35 XpressPost which is EMS. I would also entertain a trade for this watch plus the Omega Seamaster f300 Cone I have for sale. I am looking for an Omega Speedmaster or a full size Seamaster.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Price Reduction

I need to sell this watch, so I have reduced the price to $525 USD including shipping and insurance within Canada and USA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts