WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

This watch was my first venture into the world of "nice" watches, and I learned some very valuable, if expensive, lessons :-d.

It started life as a 145.022 Speedmaster Professional in 1973, according to the serial number. I bought it on line, and since I didn't know the proper questions to ask, I ended up with a watch that ran but had MAJOR issues. The lume was gone off the hands, and shedding from the indices, the bezel was bent rather badly, and it desperately needed a service. So, I sent it to Nesbit's. The news I got back from them wasn't what I wanted to hear, but that's the way it goes. In order to replace the bezel, I would have to allow them to send it back to Bienne to be recased, since the current replacement bezels won't properly seal with the old cases. Since I was doing all I decided to make a daily wearer out of it and replace the dial and hands, since they were both shedding tritium dust into the movement.

What I ended up with is a gorgeous 861 powered Speedy Pro that runs and functions perfectly, the trouble is that I don't wear it. It's just too big. So my loss can be someone else's gain. I would really like to sell the whole set together if possible. This sale includes the watch and the 1171/1 bracelet (with proper end pieces mounted), and the Omega croc strap with the Omega deployment. There is nothing but genuine Omega parts/pieces/bits/bobs on this watch or included with it, right down to the spring bars.

The only dings/scratches on the watch are on the bottom of the lugs, inflicted by an overly zealous jeweler doing bracelet changes. I tried to picture an example of that as clearly as I could.

I am asking $2,100 for the whole nine yards, shipped in CONUS only please. I have references on this board and a couple of others, as well as EBay for a decade or so,and would be happy to provide you with that information if requested. I prefer bank wire transfer, but will certainly accept paypal if you cover the fees.

This watch is as close to "new vintage" as it gets, and comes with all the odds and ends. It would make a great set for someone who is wanting their first Speedy Pro.

If I neglected to show something in which you are interested, or if you have any questions, feel free to contact me. I can be reached through PM here, by email at [email protected], or by cell phone at (240) 377-1574.

Thanks for looking,

Mark

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: FS: 1973 Omega Speedmaster that's been given a new life (and case) still under warrant

On hold pending funds. Thanks for looking.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts