WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Unworn and unsized Seiko Kinetic Velatura Direct Drive, Model #: SRH001

I wasn't certain I'd like the silver dial version but it's one of those "you HAVE to see it in person" situations -- you either love it or you don't! I happen to think it's a beautiful looking watch but I don't know how much I'll wear it if I were to keep it... The wave pattern on the dial gives it so much depth, unfortunately I wasn't able to capture this in the photos.

For those who don't know the deal with this watch. The "direct drive" allows the wearer to directly input power (charge) via the crown/winding stem similar to a mechanical watch. Upon charging (either by crown or rotor/wrist movement) the power reserve indicator takes on a second role: it displays real-time power generation via the inner scale of six gray blocks, each representing one hour of runtime. When you finish winding, the indicator drops, then displays how much overall power was generated that session, zeros out again, then moves on to display total remaining runtime...really cool and quite fun to play with! :-!

• Brushed and polished stainless steel case and bracelet comes in at just shy of 50mm including crown, about 13mm in height
  • Anti-reflective sapphire crystal
  • Screwdown case back
  • WR to 100m
  • Tri-fold clasp with push-button release
  • Excellent LumBrite paint on the hour & minute hands and hour indices
  • Date at the 6 o'clock position with a retrograde day indicator around the 3-5.
  • Power reserve @ 8-10.
  • Automatic hand alignment which ensures that the power indicator hand is always accurate (calibration occurs every 24 hours).
Watch is in excellent condition except for a very fine, hairline scratch on the high-polish bezel around the 1 o'clock position (see 3rd image).

Asking SOLD!!! Buyer pays shipping to CONUS Only - PayPal only, I'll eat the fees.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Watch is SOLD!

:thanks WUS and PhilR!

I like these quick ones.... ;-)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts