WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD!

On the fence about this one as it's been such a reliable and trusted part of the collection but up for sale is the rare, discontinued and becoming increasingly hard to find Casio MDV-102 Super Illuminator watch - the one with the coveted "Marlin" dial.

This watch has been through everything with me and I just recently replaced the battery which has been the only thing it's ever needed. The two led's inside the watch are crazy bright and have been used many a time as a flashlight in a dark room or trail. My favorite part about the watch though is actually the screw-down crown. I've had Breitlings and Omegas that pale in comparison to how this one feels when you screw it down to be honest - hard to explain, but it just feels right. The bezel action is tight and solid, date wheel flips right over at midnight and the watch keeps great time of course being a quartz. Watch is 200M water resistant and has a 42.5mm case with 21mm lug width and wears easy on the wrist.

Given it's use, the case does have some light scratches here and there and the crystal has a few more significant ones. I tried to capture everything in the photos but want to be upfront there is a pretty good scratch near the 10:00 marker and two other smaller (hard to photograph) ones near the 5:00 marker. I'm not sure if these can be buffed out but I know the crystal can be replaced as I previously looked into having it done but just never did as I wasn't that bothered by it.

This has been a solid go-to watch for me for a while but I tend to reach for other watches nowadays so I'm thinking someone else might get better use out of her. Pretty sure I still have the original resin strap that I never used (always wore this on a NATO) and will include if so. I will update the post when I get home this evening to verify. Would like to get SOLD for $55 Shipped CONUS for this one and will ship USPS Priority with tracking as always. Thanks for looking and feel free to ask any questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
SOLD! Thanks buyer and WUS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts