WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi again WUS!

Up for sale is a rare bird, the Casio Protrek “Black Hole 2.0” (PRW-3100Y-1BCR) ABC digital watch. I originally purchased this as an upgrade to my OG Protrek Black Hole (PRG-130Y). This watch is probably the most sought after blacked out PRW Protrek because it received a number of upgrades over the PRG-130Y and the rest of the newer PRW series, including anti-static protective fixes and a STN display for superior dial legibility. This was my hiking / outdoors watch. I decided to sell it because when I bought this, portable cell battery chargers weren’t really a thing and now that they are, I just carry one in our hiking pack because my cell phone is superior in every way for what I need this for.

Aside from killer looks and the benefit of negative display dial legibility, this watch is arguably the best ABC Protrek for people with smaller wrists. I went through a bunch of different watches in their collection and this one wears the thinnest and most comfortable at 47mm x 56mm x 12mm thick. The reference shots in the album are on my 6.5” wrist. I gravitated toward 40mm and under and this one wears like a dream because of how they designed the lugs. The strap has a nice taper down from 20mm that makes it wear much better than most wide Casio straps. Other nice features of this watch:

• This generation of watch received the Gen 3 ABC (altimeter, barometer, compass) sensors which are much more accurate and faster reading. It also has a barometric pressure alarm which will signal if the atmospheric pressure is dropping and a storm is approaching.
  • Solar charging and atomic sync (the all black PRG-130Y did not have atomic sync, however there was an all black version sold exclusively on Amazon that did)
  • Temperature sensor
  • World time
  • Countdown timer and Stopwatch
  • Sunrise / Sunset Data
  • Backlight LED
Although this was my outdoors / hiking watch, I am super careful with my entire collection and I can find no flaws on this watch at all. The bezel and crystal are mint, the strap was barely worn because I wore it on OEM nato adapters and a nato strap. Please refer to the pictures for reference. These were known to have a “rattle” in the screw tubes that hold the straps on but I removed the screws from the tubes and wrapped them in a very thin wrap of plumber’s tape so that this one doesn’t rattle. It’s a really, really good watch that can handle anything you throw at it.

Pictures (please disregard the stray dust particles):
Timestamp:
With the watch will come the full kit: outer cardboard box, inner wooden box, warranty cards and all manuals / documents / inserts. I will also include a pair of OEM Protrek "Goldilocks" end links that allow you to wear a 22mm nato with this case, as well as an awesome dark grey/black single pass Cheapest Nato Straps nato! You can see a wrist roll of these here:
It looks like these might not be officially discontinued yet but I guess they were pretty popular because I can’t find them anywhere for sale online. The only recent confirmed sale I could find was an NIB example from last month on Ebay and a best offer was accepted with a starting price of $469 plus $15.05 shipping (reference link here: CASIO PROTREK PRW 3100Y-1BCR Protrek triple sensor all black | eBay).

I am asking $325 net to me, shipped in CONUS only. I am not interested in trades at this time. I have a lot of super positive feedback on this forum and on Reddit, feel free to look me up. Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Up for the holiday weekend! ^

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump, thanks for the interest so far! Still available

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Labor Day bump, have a great one!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump with a price drop. Thanks!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Open to offers to the WUS fam on this rare bird!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the interest! Still available at the moment

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bump!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Monday morning bump 🙌🏻

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump with price drop to $375 shipped!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^^

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bump! To sweeten the deal, I will also include a pair of OEM Protrek "Goldilocks" end links that allow you to wear a 22mm nato with this case, as well as an awesome dark grey/black single pass Cheapest Nato Straps nato! You can see a wrist roll of these here: Updated the original post with the link and details~

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^^

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bump, happy Friday!

·
Registered