WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Up for sale is a 2002 CWC Tritium Royal Navy Automatic Diver, purchased New Old Stock directly from CWC in July this year. It's unclear to me why CWC holds on to NOS watches and then offers them up for sale years later, however my guess is this might be related to the half life of Tritium. The watch itself is in very good condition with some hairline scratches on the case back and side flank, which is how I received the watch. Please note that I cut the NATO single pass style (pictured). CWC state that watch was inspected prior to sending off, so it's indeed in working order. I don't have a timegrapher but it runs accurately enough without any huge deviations in my time with it, but keep in mind the watch is nearly 20 years old. There is also oxidation on the rehaut which CWC mentions is normal due to the age. All that said, the watch and the aesthetic of the tritium itself really made me understand why vintage watches and tritium are so sought after; They just exude a certain "soul" that you don't get with the plasticky lume of today. The lume itself is weak so don't expect anything super bright however. Comes with box and papers.

SOLDSOLDSOLDSOLDSOLD
Asking Price: $1250 USD CONUSA SHIPPED USPS Priority

(I paid $1900 USD for reference)
Venmo or Zelle preferred (if allowed?); Paypal definitely available as well

Stats per CWC website:

This watch has the same shape case as the Royal Navy Issue Quartz with a slightly deeper profile to take the Eta 2824 mechanical automatic movement.
This configuration was not a standard issue as the slightly earlier case of the RN Divers Auto 1980 was issued for a few years before the quartz was issued.

• Original Tritium dial & hands. Will not glow for very long due to Tritium being life expired
  • Water resistant to 30 atmospheres, 300m
  • One-way time elapse bezel. 60 click
  • Stainless steel case
  • 45mm diameter including crown (41mm excluding crown), 47mm lug to lug, 20mm lug width. Bezel diameter is 40mm, crystal is 31mm.
  • Screw down crown
  • Screw down caseback. (Please note, the picture of the case back is for reference only; exact serial number and dates may differ between batches.)
  • ETA 2824-2 Swiss automatic mechanical movement
  • Mineral glass
  • Swiss-made
  • Fixed bars, supplied with 20mm NATO grey strap
PM for any questions; Offers to trade will be happily ignored :LOL:

Watch Analog watch Everyday carry Clock Finger

Body jewelry Gesture Finger Wrist Thumb
Hand Gesture Finger Thumb Material property
Watch Analog watch Finger Clock Watch accessory
Hand Finger Gesture Nickel Thumb
Hand Finger Thumb Nail Wrist
Guitar accessory Sunglasses Finger Eyewear String instrument accessory