WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please note the following:

These watches all work, though unless mentioned otherwise, the last date of service is unknown, and a service would be recommended for regular wear. With the possible exception of the crystals, I believe them to be original, unless otherwise noted.

I can, of course, provide further photos and details of any watches of interest.

I am located in Lisbon, Portugal, and have safely shipped many watches worldwide. However, shipping has in some cases been slower due to COVID. This has been especially true of the U.S., though it has gotten better recently. So, if you purchase something, please be patient!

I can ship using regular tracked mail for free. However, there is no insurance available with that basic method, so the risk would be yours. I have never had any problems, including shipments to Malaysia and Thailand, but there is still a very small risk of loss or damage. EMS express would be much quicker, and insured. Depending on location, it would cost between ~$70 and $100. I would be willing to split the additional cost, simply because it would be much quicker, and safer.

I am well known on this, and other forums around the world (particularly the Omegaforums).

Feel free to ask any questions!

Buren Waterman in a 35mm snap-back compressor case. Buren, as you may know, was the first to introduce the micro-rotor, and I would go as far as to say that their earlier ones were more reliable than the UG versions! This is a very nice example of an underrated brand and model, in very good to excellent condition throughout. $400

Nice Tissot bumper with a 33.5mm screw-back case; evenly spread pinpoint patina on the dial; wore attractive in person, IMO; very good condition overall. $275

Enicar Sherpa single crown compressor; very nice, and uncommon horizontally brushed linen dial; 36mm; very good to excellent condition throughout. $450

Nice Mido; good-sized (33.5) Taubert steel screw-back case; dial more attractive in person. $450

Nice little Gubelin with an attractive and uncommon sector dial; looks better in person; has some very minor lume loss on the minute hand, and some round lume plots are missing; 31.5mm steel screw-back case. Very good condition throughout. $300

A beautiful 32mm ETERNA, in excellent condition throughout; tre-tacche case; looks much better in person (the indexes are the same gold color as the hands); I bough from a watchmaker, and it was serviced about three years ago. $475

Nice Certina in excellent condition; unusual and attractive dial and lume; 33.5 screw-back case; excellent overall condition. $275

A Favre-Leuba with an uncommon "plank" and waffle dial; 34mm unpolished case. $275

Benrus with a nice Art Deco dial. The unpolished 34mm snap-back case is all steel; there is some very mild radium burn on the dial, reflecting where the hands must have sat for years while the watch was in a drawer somewhere; original brushed mid-case contrasts nicely with the polished top; starts right up, but hasn't been serviced for a very long time, I would imagine; signed crown. $250

SOLD! A very cool and unusual Elgin GMT World Time. The case is 37mm, and the rare world-time disc on the case back can be rotated. The red half of the GMT bezel has faded away. I have seen this on some other Elgin sport watches, so there was obviously a weakness. Otherwise very good condition throughout.

The crown is signed, though it seems rather small for the case. I do not know for sure whether it is original or not.

Tough to photograph the black dial without reflections, so I resorted to a fairly sharp angle. $375

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Elgin is now sold! Thanks to the buyer, and WUS forum.

There are a number of other nice watches still available!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts