WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FS: Exceptional Rolex Exp I, ref. 14270 with RSC papers & original box. $3,400 OBRO takes it home

Dear all,

With great reluctance I'm offering up for sale one of the crown jewels of my collection.

I purchased this watch from the original owner, who purchased it at an Authorized Dealer in the late 90s. In 2005 he had it fully serviced at the Rolex Service Center. At the time, they recommended a crystal replacement due to a very small, tiny, chip just above nine o'clock marker. He declined that aspect of the service, but he did have the movement overhauled, pressure tested, and case and bracelet polished & cleaned. The chip never bothered him, and it doesn't bother me. After receiving back from the RSC he wore it very gently, after which I became the owner. I have hardly worn it myself.

This is an easy 95% condition watch. The case and bracelet are pristine, crown winds and screws perfectly, and the Rolex Cal. 3000 movement is keeping time (by my count) at +1 to 2 seconds. Beautiful black dial with rare "T<25" marking. The tritium markers still glow very, very faintly in the dark.

The sale will include the following:

-Rolex Exp I on (full) bracelet;
-A copy of the receipt from the 2005 RSC service;
-The original (now expired) warranty card from the RSC service;
-Rolex polishing cloth & pouch;
-Original box & pillow

I am asking $3,400, inclusive of insured shipping (CONUS) and PayPal fees. I will consider reasonable offers from serious buyers. I would prefer to deal with long time members who have solid references. If you check recent forum postings for this reference you'll see what a great deal this is. Any questions please ask. Plenty of references available on my end.

If you've been looking for a great, value priced, and clean Rolex with a solid history you've found it. Please PM for interest. Thank you.

Rgds,

Jay

PLEASE SEE LINK FOR PHOTOS TAKEN YESTERDAY:

Rolex Exp I Ref 14270 Photos by jaytwism1 | Photobucket

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts