WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

my father bought this set in 1995, but did not wear the watch for longer than about six months. The watch is fully working, and for its optical condition, please take a look at the attached photos.

Ref.no.: 602.10.142
Movement: Lemania 5100

The asking price would be 5.000,- Euros. Please feel free to ask me any further questions. Thank you.

Fortis01.jpg
Fortis02.jpg
Fortis03.jpg
Fortis04.jpg
Fortis05.jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After talking to my parents again, we decided to reduce the price to a realistic one: 2.200,- Euro.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello everybody,

it's two weeks now and I had the chance to wear the watch myself for a few days now. As I said, it's fully functional, including the chronograph part. There are however two small things I noticed:
- First, the watch runs too fast, namely ~2 minutes per day
- Second, using the crown to manually wind the watch and to set the date/time is sometimes (not always) a bit tricky, i.e. sometimes you have to pull the crown for another 1/2 millimeters until it works as expected

I talked with my watchmaker about this, who has also sold this watch to my father 16 years ago, and he told me that my father screwed in the crown in a very unskilled way once in the past, and that he had to repair something then. Now the watch is working again, but to get it into a 100% perfect condition, it would need a service together with a replacement of the crown.

Because of this new information we have decided to reduce the price of the whole set to 1.500,- Euros.

Once again - please note that the watch is fully operational even without any service or repairs, but it should be adjusted anyway because it runs 2 minutes too fast per day. I also believe that having the watch serviced might be a good idea after all.

Thanks & best regards.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello everybody,

it's a pity that nobody is interested in this fine watch. I would keep it myself (since I am looking for a watch with this movement), but unfortunately it's too modern for me - I prefer watches from the 70ies, like the Omega Speedmaster Mark 4.5 series (with virtually the same movement). Anyway, we would like to reduce the price one last time, to 1450 Euros. My parents will just keep the watch if nobody is interested to buy it for this price.
Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello everybody,

my mother just wants to give it another try. The new price is 1.200 Euros.

Best regards!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello everybody,

one last try - new price is exactly 1.000 Euros. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts