WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here we have a truly amazing adventure/travel watch for just $265 shipped CONUS. The SUN045 is one of the best bangs for your buck that you can get. It has a true pilot's GMT with the jumping hour hand and a date that quick changes depending on which way you're going. The rubber strap is the same kind of supple rubber that the new Turtles come with and the hardware is in great shape. Despite being a slightly larger watch at 48mm, it wears surprising well on a variety of straps/wrists. With having the case be mostly black it really makes the watch look smaller than it really is.

The watch has been worn so there are a some slight marks on the case but nothing that affects operation. I tried to be as conservative in my pictures and show things as bad as I can since all sales are final. You can see that the case is still in good condition and while you're wearing this beast you don't really notice the spots. The sale is for the watch only and will be shipped either the same day as payment or the next business day. The watch seems to be running very well and really allows you to be involved with it since you have to rotate the rotor to build up some of that 6 month power reserve. As far as trades go, I'm open to trading up/down/across. I love divers, pilot watches, and I'm still trying to chase down a great dress watch at least 36mm. Let me know what you have

Here are some stats that I quickly pulled from the web:

Brand, Seller, or Collection NameSeiko
Model numberSUN045
Part NumberSUN045
Item ShapeRound
Dial window material typeAnti-Reflective Sapphire
Display TypeAnalog
ClaspBuckle
Case materialStainless steel
Case diameter48 millimeters
Case Thickness14
Band MaterialRubber