WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sale pending, awaiting funds.

Hey WUS.

Up for sale today is a Grand Seiko SBGV221. This is a full kit, double boxed, with all of the original papers and dealer materials for the GS9 Club and after sales service. The watch was imported from Japan, so papers will be in Japanese. The manual is in English as well. For the warranty paper, the original owners name and address was cut out while in Japan for privacy purposes. This is quite common to see with Grand Seikos being offered for sale over there. The battery was just replaced last month, 09/2021, so you’ll have 3 full years of use before replacement. The bracelet has every link. It’s sized to 7 3/8 inches, and still has two more full links and a half link to spare.

This particular piece is interesting due to its December 2016 manufacture date, and it being a Grand Seiko only logo watch. The Grand Seiko brand broke off from Seiko Time Corp in March 2017, and with that change, they stopped producing models that were "dual signed" with the Seiko logo on top, and Grand Seiko on the bottom of the dial. This piece was likely one of the very first GS only logo watches to be produced, and that is why it comes with the earlier "dual signed" Seiko Grand Seiko outer box and display box, which is becoming harder to find these days due to them being out of production and being a JDM only box set.

Accuracy wise, this has been absolutely perfect for me. I compared the timing against atomic time, and it gains 0.1 seconds per day over 45 days. The 9F82 movement is fantastic, and I highly recommend it.

Sold for $1375 shipped anywhere in the USA, tracked and insured. I think this is probably one of the cheapest 40mm Grand Seikos for sale. I also ship internationally and have plenty of experience in it, but the buyer will pay for shipping costs. For payment, I accept PayPal, Venmo, and Cashapp. If you would like my eBay feedback, with over 750 positive feedbacks, and more from selling than buying, let me know. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM on here, or through my email, [email protected].

Condition: Good condition, but has wear from daily use. Scratches can be seen on high polished areas. The bracelet is in very good condition, with some light scratches throughout. The bottom of the lugs show scratching from strap/bracelet changes. Please refer to the picture album.

Specs: 40mm width, 20mm lug width, 10mm thickness. Grand Seiko Caliber 9F82 HAQ movement, 3 year power reserve from the battery, 9 jewels. Running at +0.1 sec over 45 days at a time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts