WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hacher, a brand familiar to theose who frequent the Pilot's Watch and German Watch forums here, is another branch of the Sinn family tree. Jürgen Hackbarth-Herzberger, under the tutelage of Herr Sinn, developed his own line of watches, injecting his own style into the line.

The Stratos is a classic pilot's chrono, with a matte steel case, black dial, white luminous hands and Arabic numerals, a 12-hour bi-directional rotating bezel (an option no longer available), and sapphire crystal. To my mind, it shares some design elements with the classic Type XX of yesteryear. It has a neatly finished 7750, visible through the display back. The strap is a very comfortable croco-grain calf with a signed buckle. (Additional straps available at added cost.) The case is 43mm diameter and water resistant to 100m. The case is numbered 38/50. The watch is accurate and all functions work correctly. The day wheel is in German.

The watch is in pristine condition, with no scratches or damage to the case or crystals, having been worn only a few times. The strap shows light wear.

Hacher represents a great value. As the company itself notes, the lack of celebrity endorsers and glossy magazine ads helps keep Hacher watches affordable. Hacher is a reasonably priced watch, and a worthy alternative to Sinn, Bell & Ross, Kobold, Guinand, and the like.

This is a very nice example of the classic pilot's watch, and is only being sold because it's not getting the wrist time it deserves.

The watch sells new for 790 Euro (Approx. US$ 1,040). I am offering my Stratos for US$800 shipped CONUS. Shipping to other locations is available at additional cost. The watch was purchased from an AD in 3/05, and 4 months are left on the international warranty. Box and papers included. PayPal accepted. Please email with questions or for more information.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts