WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Hamilton Electric 505 Railroad Special is Model 51 (stainless steel case with 10K gold filled bezel). The Hamilton dates from the early 1960s. The 505 movement was serviced by Mr. Rondeau (Vintage Hamilton Electric Watches By The Leading Authority - René Rondeau - Dealer of Other Fine Vintage Timepieces) in April of this year. The watch runs and keeps good time. The hack feature works properly when the Hamilton signed crown is extended out to set the time. In 2005, I purchased the watch from Hess Fine Art, located in Florida. I received the watch just as I am selling it now. Other then the service already noted I have made no adjustments or modifications to the watch. (Please see watch pictures following the narrative).

The measurements of the stainless steel case are: 35mm diameter without the crown, 44mm length from lug to lug and 18mm distance between the lugs. The case back number is R805528. The upper part of the case has superficial scratches. The case back does have two scratches - probably made when the case back was opened. The crystal is clean with no scratches visible to the eye. The white dial, red sweeping second hand and hour/minute hands are all in good condition.

I do not have the Hamilton boxes or any of the original paperwork (the Hamilton box seen in several pictures is not included).

The watch price is $325 OBO. Payment may be made by wire transfer or PayPal. This includes shipping within the USA (shipment outside the USA is extra with the cost depending on the shipment method preferred by the buyer).

Again, please see the watch pictures as they are an integral part of the listing and the best reflection of the watch condition. Finally, watch is being sold as-is, so please contact me with any questions or concerns you have at [email protected]
Thanks - Robert

1 - 1 of 1 Posts