WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Up for sale is my lonely Invicta 3079. I say lonely as ever since I got my Black Monster this one has been sitting on my desk, so now it's up for sale to you kind folks. Up until a month ago it was running fine and keeping good time, so I'm assuming the battery is dead and this will get it going again. I purchased it about 2 years ago and it worked great up until it stopped running.

The 3079 is a quartz chrono dive watch rated for 200m with a sapphire crystal. Bezel rotates smoothly and the 3 screw down crowns which all thread and function properly. I have logged about 20 dives on this watch in the Caribbean over the past couple years and it never missed a beat. Max depth was probably ~80ft.

Aside from the "not running" thing, the watch also has some clasp issues. The secondary clasp that folds over to secure everything is missing. One of the pins fell out down when on vacation and the watch repairman on the island didn't have a replacement that was long enough for the whole assembly so he left it off, and I subsequently lost it. As a result the primary clasp has gotten a bit loose and can pop off unrequested. Just needs an adjustment but as I said, once I got my Monster it's all I've been wearing.

The watch also has a couple dings in the bezel, one at 11, one at 2, and one at 6. They are all very minor but as a daily beater/functioning dive watch it happens.

The watch sells for $300 new. As this one is clearly not in top form let's go for $60 shipped in CONUS obo. As this is my first post here I'll understand if potential buyers want to transact through ebay etc. Shoot me a PM or respond and we'll figure something out. Thanks!

Pictures can be found at http://picasaweb.google.com/kyle.kvalheim/InvictaChrono#

1 - 3 of 3 Posts