WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
S O L D

FS today is my Polar Surveyor 3 (the redesign) Kobold model # KD 918151

This watch has time-keeping, chronograph and GMT functions all on one watch. Information and stock pictures can be found here:

http://www.koboldwatch.com/products/ps_redes.htm#

Detailed specifications are:

Polar Surveyour
Ref. KD 915151​
case
stainless steel (surgical); brushed, satinized, polished surfaces
dimensions
41.3 mm diameter (bezel end to bezel end);
45.8 mm diameter overall (bezel end to crown end;
50.8 mm length overall (lug end to lug end);
20 mm lug width (between lugs; measures strap width);
15.3 mm height overall
crystal synthetic sapphire; domed, anti-reflective (inside only); extra-thick
crown screw-locked; signed
push pieces screw-locked
bezel rotating, bi-directional; 24-hour scale
back stainless steel (surgical); plane; screw-locked
ratings* waterproof (30 atm/1,000 ft with crown and push pieces locked); (3 atm/100 ft with crown unlocked) antimagnetic; shock-resistant; pressure-proof to 30 atmospheres​
movement K.715 (base caliber ETA 7750); Swiss-made; chronograph mechanism
winding automatic mechanism
jewels 28
balance Glucydur
mainspring Nivarox 1
decoration skeletonized rotor, gold-plated; engraved & signed
functions
hours, minutes, seconds; chronograph hours, minutes, seconds; GMT; date
other 42 hours power reserve​
weight (including bracelet) 192.5 g.​
*all ratings in accordance with the strict regulations set forth by the German Industrial Standard Bureau, DIN

This is #12 of the PS III/redesign I believe not even 50 of these are in circulation

There are two major points in the redesign. Gone is the AM/PM indicator (sub-dial) which has been a source of trouble/costly maintenance....and the bezel moves on ceramic ball bearings rather than steel teeth, that can freeze. The bezel moves smoothly in both directions. Other PS models have fixed bezels.

It is keeping great time, and all of the chrono functions work, and pop back to ZERO with NO deviation.

RETAIL $8,870

For those familiar with Kobold, the watch wears in between a Soarway Diver and a SEAL. It is a marvelously comfortable and attractive size. I've agonized over selling it, and the only reason it's going is I'm just not a chrono person. The watch is far and away one of the most beautiful tool cases, and accurate movements ever made by Kobold.

it has seen use, but all of it can be polished out with CC cloth and Dremel, if need be. There are some scratches around the lug holes, and a few light ones on the case back. The bezel has a tiny hairline just below the 4 which is only visible in the strongest light as the pictures below taken in full sun will attest. The crystal is flawless. The bracelet has had hardly any use.

It is keeping great time and all of the chrono functions work and pop back to ZERO with no deviation

It comes with the full kit from Kobold: beautiful wooden box, Soarway 20mm SS bracelet, papers and screwdrivers, both outer boxes.

I will include the 20mm Sinn rubber with large deployant (sized for a 7.25 wrist- can be made smaller, but not larger), ($140 value) and the red-striped ZULU as pictured.

A stunning piece, possibly the finest horse in the Kobold stable, and a great opportunity for any WIS. Save thousands !!

Go here to see an entire gallery of pictures of this watch

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a355/laughinggull/Kobold%20PS3/

ON THE SOARWAY BRACELET

CLOSE-UP OF BRACELET

ON THE SINN RUBBER BRACELET

CLOSE-UP OF THE BRACELET

ON THE RED-STRIPE ZULU

small scratch on bezel---just below 4--not visible in every light

scratches around lug holes

>>> PRICE REDUCED to $4600 US OBRO shipped US address, international additional $$
wire transfer or bank check. If you want to use PP you add 3%.....

Trades considered...Panerai 104

Feel free to PM me or email any questions
PM me for availability
Thanks for looking

PS III on black ZULU (in foreground)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts