WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up for sale is my original mid 1960's King Seiko 44-9990. A piece carefully selected for my collection approximately 2 years ago, regrettably finally needs to be moved on to fund study expenses.

During ownership of this fantastic wristwatch, I have been consistently pleased with both its suitable looks and accurate timekeeping for such an old piece. The case appears to have once been mildly polished but all the classic styling of the trademark Tanaka design lugs remains for a timeless look. Free of any major scratches or dents and still sporting the original KS dial, crown, markers/hands and case back, this is a true collectors item for all Seiko fans. Manual wind with hacking seconds, the short power reserve compared to many modern watches means you'll need to keep it regularly wound but this is a joy in itself. The dial has some small (pen head sized) sunburst marks pictured in photo's but only adds patina. An article for further history on movement and design principles that make up this King Seiko is here for those interested: https://wornandwound.com/affordable-vintage-king-seiko-44-9990-44ks-rules/

Was purchased without box/papers or service history and will be sold similarly. Received a minor service (lube and adjust) this time last year, the watch runs a few minutes slow over the day upon last check. For a piece of this vintage, it presents in excellent working order both for timekeeping and aesthetics.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Link to full image gallery of watch for sale:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/15whqtf1q/bf5eb8af/

Condition: original, VG
Movement: Seiko 44A (25 jewels, manual)
Crystal: acrylic crystal
Case: stainless steel
Dimensions: 36.6mm width, 43.3mm length, 19mm lugs
Caseback: original KS
Crown: original KS
Dial: white
Strap/bracelet: leather strap

Asking price: $675aud

Price inclusive of shipping is negotiable. Potential buyers please take into consideration postage as this item will be shipping from Australia and returns not accepted.
All questions and inquiries may be directed to PM and I will do my best to respond as quickly as possible.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts